close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealment problems...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by glockleo, Dec 31, 2009.

1. glockleo

glockleo The Law

It has been a while, but I am finally back. Although I doubt anyone missed me... ;).

I am a proud owner of a Glock 23, and recently got my concealed weapons license. I have yet to carry it though, because I can't seem to find the best way to conceal it. If it is winter that is one thing because I could just wear a jacket which would hide it. However, what about if I'm simply wearing a t-shirt and shorts? What are the best holsters (ex: i see some inside-the-pants on the hip, some in the small of the back, and i even saw someone with an outside the pants holster on with a pull over fleece concealing it)? So my question is, what is the best way to conceal carry and what holster would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

2. tuica

tuica

In the summer I have to go with something much smaller - Ruger LCP - in front pocket of shorts. I place a square of card stock in the cargo pocket and that eliminates the LCP's print in the pocket behind. Yes, I carry it sans holster, which many folks - holster sellers perhaps - reject. The LCP is the only item in that clean, lint free pocket, and it will perform its intended task when presented. Have a Happy New Year!

3. tankermw

tankermw

I cc my 23 using the "hooker" from alabama holster. I carry at about the 3:30 position. It conceals well with a tank top and shorts. Great product & great price (also no long waiting list) http://www.alabamaholster.com/index.php?p=2_17

[​IMG]

4. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Get yourself a 2" S&W light weight 38 if you can afford one. Carry it in your pocket with a Nemisis holster. If you cannot afford a new gun at leasy get a quality IWB holster. I carry sometimes that way with my HK P2000 or my G19. Wear a loose T-Shirt or button up shirt not tucked in.

5. PDXShooter1981

PDXShooter1981 Computer Geek..

6. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

7. gunsablazin

gunsablazin

I just wear the "shoot me first" vest year round and carry a 1911 OWB. If I feel the need to be more discreet I carry a j-frame Mexican style/appendix position. If you are really going to carry 24/7 you will wind up with a smaller gun than your 23 for occasional use. I use an el-cheapo Fobus paddle for the 1911, I have one for my Glock 35 as well and they work fine.

8. bogey3737

bogey3737 diablo azul

Glock 19 or 26 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II on a Beltman leather belt. Carried at 3:00, both disappear under anything but the lightest-weight t-shirts or polos. For those light occasions, a J-frame in a pocket holster does the trick.

9. PSUEng

PSUEng

I carry my G19 in a Galco Royal Gaurd II IWB. I love it. For more discrete carry, I carry a sig P232.

10. Glocktrekker

Glocktrekker

I carry a 19 all year in a blade-tech IWB at 3:30 to 4 o'clock. Can't even notice.

I was really worried about printing when I first started carrying, but I have come to realize no one cares.

The "sheep" don't know what they are looking at, and those that know what to look for can tell no matter what you wear.

I just had to keep telling myself that printing does NOT equal brandishing.

Concealed means concealed!

11. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

There really isn't one perfect holster for all situations or clothing options. I have 4 handguns and 20 holster. I also have 511 tactical t shirts with sewn holsters under the arm pit, a fanny pack made for guns, and 3 jackets with secret compartments that have fabric holsters sewn into the liner. Lots of options for any situation. Some of these will slow down your draw time but at least you have something to draw. Ankle holster and my Ruger LCP is also a nice option. As mentioned above, most people don't look at you to see if you have a gun. Most have no idea. I am one that always keeps it concealed. I never tell anyone what I carry, or even that I own a gun.

12. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

I went to one of the local gun shops and tried on a few different holsters. You may have to try on many different holsters before you find something comfortable for you. I ended up buying a bianchi model 100 http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=100 about 5 or so years ago and I carry my G23 and G27 in it.

13. SagKC

SagKC

Agree. Appendix IWB carry is an option, depending on the barrel length, holster, and body type. Worked better for me than I thought it would, and have alternated between appendix and ~4:00 IWB carry, depending on style of dress and model carried.
    Also found the SmartCarry to be an excellent option in summer or during times IWB may not be as favorable, thanks to the ability to carry without a belt and with many more summer clothing options.

14. SagKC

SagKC

+1 on the Bianchi 100 Professional. I have two of them, and have used one daily this winter. A good value...very reasonably priced for what it is, with performance, quality, and easy on/off with or without a belt.

15. blah95993

blah95993

does anybody cc a g22?

16. tshadow6

tshadow6

I carry a Glock 19 nearly every day in hot, humid Florida. First, buy at least one belt designed specificaly for supporting a holstered firearm. Looper's Leather or The Beltman are both good companies. Second, learn to dress around the firearm. Most concealed carry people wear slightly baggy shirts, cargo style pants or shorts. I wear nearly all of my tee shirts one size too large. Columbia fishing shirts are ideal. They are baggy and have several pockets. Beal's department store carries them here in Florida.

17. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

Since when do you have to go with something smaller? I can conceal a G30 with no problem under a shirt with no noticable printing unless I bend at the waist. I can even conceal a full size 1911 with very little printing. Not enough to really notice unless you knew I was carrying or what to look for. I'm 5'11" and 150lbs so its not like I'm a big guy, but I do have a "V" shape which helps

18. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

What kind of belt is the OP using? I'd argue the belt is the most important part of being able to conceal a weapon(besides having clothes that fit properly).

19. stengun

stengun

Howdy,

I CCW the G23 in the summer time.

No biggie. I just carry it in a Glock Sport holster and wear a tank top and a short sleeve shirt over that. I've never been "Outed".

If you are going to CCW, you will need to dress accordingly.

Paul

20. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.