Glock Talk banner

Concealed Carry on or in my HD Trike from Ohio to Sturgis & Ohio to Florida

813 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  G19Gen5KP
I am planning on two trips this year on my Trike. From Ohio to Sturgis in the summer and Ohio to Florida in September round trip for both. Should I carry my Glock 19 Gen 5 in a holster covered or in my Tour Pak luggage? For the Sturgis trip I am going thru Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minneapolis and South Dakota & Wyoming. For the Florida trip, I am going thru West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia into Florida. Any advice is appreciated.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,302 Posts
If you are traveling thru IL and have a CCW from your home state then you are permitted to have your loaded CCW on you. If you leave your vehicle tho the CCW is required to be secured in the vehicle.
430 ILCS 66/40 Sec. 40
(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
(1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law;
(2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence, as evidenced by the possession of a concealed carry license or permit issued by his or her state of residence, if applicable; and
(3) is not in possession of a license under this Act.
If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.
Being Illinois, the word within could cause you potential problems on a bike/trike. Better to lock it up if set on going the Ill. route. JMO

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.