close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealed Carry Noob

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by arclight610, Jan 5, 2010.

1. arclight610

arclight610

Hey all,

I have no experience with concealed carry. I use to live in Illinois, in which there is obviously no carry whatsoever. However now I live in Virginia, and since open carry is legal that is what I have been doing for the past year or so. I've been interested in concealed carry, and I will probably be getting my permit soon. I've been browsing Glock Talk, searching the web, and trying to do my best to digest all the information I can find. I was always under the impression that concealed carry guns were small guns like LCP's and snubby .38's, however after doing a little bit of homework I see that I am completely wrong. I even have a friend that is smaller than me that conceals a full-size 1911 seemingly comfortably. I have a Glock 19, and I am 6'2" 180 lbs. Can anyone post pics of the weapon concealed on thier bodies? Also any holster recommendations or tips and advice are welcome. Remember, I have no real experience concealing, just open carry.

2. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

Sorry no picture from me, But I carry a G23 (same size as your G19) in a CB SuperTuck, it is extremely comfortable and conceals very well. I wear loose fittin t-shirts and polo's because they seem to work best for me.

3. sredish

sredish

search youtube for supertuck and you'll see a demo. not sure which pistol but it'll do for visual purposes... the 19 is an easy ccw.

4. PDXShooter1981

PDXShooter1981 Computer Geek..

Well Arc, welcome to the club :wavey:

I carry a mid-size Glock 23c. I had been using an OWB Bianchi leather, but I found I had to wear really long shirts to make it conceal. I finally broke down and got the M-TAC by Comp-Tac, and here are a few pics. It's an IWB that I carry at 5:00, but I have seen others carry them at all positions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's tuckable, and does a pretty good job too!!
    [​IMG]

I'm sure you will get lots of other responses. Another thing you will hear over and over is the need for a great gun belt...

5. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

6. USAF385

USAF385

I do most of my concealing IWB at the 1:00 position. I fit my S&W 642 there extremely easily and comfortably. I also carry my Glock 27 there, but it's bulkier and slightly less comfortable. In the case of the 27, I often end up wearing a button up shirt untucked.