Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good or bad input on people/businesses in the Tampa/Lakeland area that instruct the Concealed Carry Classes? I am trying to find a good place and not spend $125 to take my class. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just that $125 is a little high just for the class, needless to say I didnt sign up at the particular gun shop in Lakeland.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd consider a CC class for $125 a deal, even if all they did was the very basics.
$125 is not that much for a one day class, and for a two day its cheap.

..unless you are talking about the half day"this is how to apply" type classes?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am in Ohio, so take it as you will... I paid $175 for my 12hr class. 2.5hrs with an attorney at law. 10min breaks after every hour or so. 45min lunch. 2hrs on range, did some break cool stuff on the range. All the ammo was supplied. They also had about 30guns laid out for you to use for free.

I actually REALLY liked my class. 12hrs went by really fast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The class i signed up for is 70 and it certainly raises an eyebrow because that is less than half of the average cost of the other places i've looked around Austin and Houston

·
Registered
52 Posts
So far what I've heard from classes around here in the Miami area is that they are from $60 to $150 (but most below the 125 mark) and they are 1 to 2 hour classes for the CWP, of course including range time. Or am I missing something? lol. I'm going by various gun store prices around the Miami/Ft.Laud. area. Arizona Guns & Knives, Aces Indoor shooting range, and others. I'm guessing it varies depending on county and city law requirements?

·
Please! Please! No more!
7,524 Posts
My CHL class was $45 for a 3-hour class, and that's normal around here. The class was actually very interesting and informative. I wish it had been longer now, but in the future, I think I'll pay for more training.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I noticed you said this is FL, but just a quick heads-up to Texas folks.. you can find CHEAP places that do not assist with some of the paperwork, etc. This can be a problem if you aren't familiar with what all is needed. It takes long enough already, without getting your paperwork rejected. ;)

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
I have no class

·
Registered
170 Posts
I heard about some folks who after recieving their carry permits went about carrying for several months only to be contacted by their local gun board informing them that their class certificates were not valid and they needed to turn in their permits and cease carrying firearms at once. Turns out that the class they had all took(and there was a lot who did)had a unqualified instructor and /or curriculum wasn't up to standards so they had to restart the whole process...I personally dont think after hearing about this that the only deciding factor in where you take your class should be what is the cost...:dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts