close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conceal Carry while Bicycling

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Thx-1138, Oct 22, 2010.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I've been struggling with this. No way I am going to carry on my person while cycling. I don't wipe out often but it DOES happen.

2. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

When it is warm enough to do so I wear mountain biking knickers with pockets and carry a Seecamp 32 in a pocket holster. When it is colder, I wear a shirt that is not tucked in (or a light jacket) and an S&W 380 Bodyguard in a belt holster. I also have an Uncle Mike’s fanny pack that I use when nothing else works. On rare occasions I may carry a Rohrbaugh R9s 9mm because it is small and light weight.

I figure that most of the time I can sprint away from trouble on my bike, but I want at least some handgun, just in case I find myself in a situation that I can not escape from.

When I travel out of State in my motor home and I do not have a valid Concealed Weapon Permit, such as somewhere like Los Angles or San Francisco, I figure that I am just screwed and go unarmed and hope and pray that I do not have a bad day.

3. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77

I race bikes and when I ride in the summer I'm in the full body hugging lycra get-up. Hard to hide a pistol on you when you're practically naked to begin with. Smart carry wouldn't be an option because of the bent over racing position I have. Also, I wouldn't want anything in a pocket or belly band on my lower back because of the possibility of paralyzing injury sustained in a crash.

I've wondered if something like a belly band for your thigh would work. Like some femme fatale in a spy movie would wear under her dress. The cycling shorts would just go right over it, serving to further secure it. Or, you could just stick the gun under your cycling shorts leg. You see bike racers shoving energy bars and gels under the leg of their shorts for quick access in races, so they don't have to reach behind their back to the jersey pockets in a tight, fast moving pack of riders. So it wouldn't look that unusual. Obviously this wouldn't work with a large gun...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  4. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr

has anyone considered the 5.11 holster shirts or similar, where it is a compression shirt with a shoulder holster sewn in?

5. joedoc

joedoc

I see that one of the Pistol Wear products is worn under the armpit, sort of like a shoulder holster position. However this is right up against the skin. Thereis a strap that goes over the shoulder so it does not slide down.
    Has anyone had a chance to try this?
    I thought this might be more stable than belly band.

6. bikerdog

bikerdog

Well I have not seen it yet so ill through out the way I carry when riding. First of all I ride a lot at least one 50 to 70 mile ride with friends a week as well as commutes and IWB. Does not work fanny pack kinda does but I just can't stand them so what I came up with was cargo bike shorts and the blackhawk holster pouch in the right side thigh pocket. That set up holds it very secure and allows easy access in a pinch

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I'm still looking for a good solution for bike carry. I really don't want to carry on my person. If I wipe out I really don't want to take a chance on landing on my gun. No way in hell I'm carrying it in a fanny pack at the back, for example.

8. Zeroskillet

Zeroskillet MIA 305

I've been looking at that one for my basketball and tshirt days

9. muscogee

muscogee

I ride 60 miles per week and carry a Glock 32 with two extra magazines and some other things in a fanny pack in the front. I'm not going to draw while moving and if I have to stop, I will have both feet on the ground.