Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a G17 and it should be in next week. I was just curious, for those that have a G17, and use them as your CCW, which holster brand and type you prefer? For conceal carry I prefer IWB holsters, but is a full-size auto too big for IWB?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Comp-tac M-tac slide. I can carry my g27 or g17 in it. The 17 is a little harder to hide. But it's really not that bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use a Bladetec IWB and it conceals my G17 well. Holds it close to my side. I usually wear a T shirt with an untucked shirt over it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If I can properly ccw a full size 1911 which is about the size if not a little bit bigger than a g34 then a g17 shouldn't be any problem.

·
Pistolero
324 Posts
It shouldn't be too bad. I carried a Beretta 92FS concealed for years, and it's got a might bit more girth than the G17. I've also carried a G20 concealed.

·
Registered
17,325 Posts
Conceal carry a G17 daily.

Kramer #2 IWB at 3:00.

Make sure you have a proper gun belt not some cheap crap belt from Walmart.

·
Banned
775 Posts
You can conceal a G17 if I can conceal a Taurus OSS DS .45 ACP Tactical 5.5"... the G17 would be a walk in the park.

·
back again
2,271 Posts
Conceal carry a G17 daily.

Kramer #2 IWB at 3:00.

Make sure you have a proper gun belt not some cheap crap belt from Walmart.
Yes, don't forget to have a GUN belt: a thick, wide (1.5" at least) sturdy horsehide or double-bullhide leather belt or something akin to the Wilderness belts.

The best holsters in the world won't help you conceal any full-grip gun if you don't have a good belt to support it.

ETA: Congrats on the G17 purchase, OP.

·
Owns One Gun
381 Posts
I'm 6' 0" and 175 lbs. (fairly slim build) and I use a leather-lined "The Answer" from Tucker Gun Leather -

http://www.tuckergunleather.com (The Answer is can be found by clicking the "IWB Holsters" link on the site.)

(Please Note: It's not how I would have done it, but their URL redirects straight to their Yahoo Store).

It's very well made, very configurable and comfortable to carry, and their customer service has been excellent so far. I also have a belt on order from them, but there's currently a 7-8 week wait for their belts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use a Fobus paddle OWB holster at 4 o'clock and carry my G-17 almost every day. I just wear a size larger golf type shirt or Hawaiian type shirt that will cover it up in summer and a sweater or sport coat or vest or wenter coat for wenter. It is comfortable when seated or standing and is easy to remove while seated in a car if you have to go into some place where you are not to carry your firearm and is easy to put back on even if seated in your car when you get back.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
I carry my G22/31 all the time in my blackhawk serpa. I'm fairly small at 5'8" and weighing in at 170 lbs.

A gun belt is an important piece of the equation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts