Conceal Carry G17?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by sharp, Feb 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. sharp

sharp

Who CCW's a G17? I'd like to hear how, what, and where. I just got my first G17 and thought I'd be able to carry IWB since I've successfully CCW IWB with my G19. So I bought a kydex IWB (Galco Triton) and no matter what the position I could not conceal it (under loose shirt). Well, it concealed pretty well appendix but not comfortable. I know if I was wearing a big jacket it wouldn't be a problem. The only thing I'm thinking is if I can find something that rides lower in my pants. Any ideas?

2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i carry mine in a desantis OWB paddle covered by an untucked unbottoned shirt with a t-shirt between me and the gun.

if you have a gut this wont wont as your shoulders have to be wider than your waist or the shirt will hang on the gun.

the next option id suggest is a milt sparks vm2 IWB. the best ive ever used.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010

3. sharp

sharp

Yes, I have a gut....:embarassed:.....but most of my gut is in the front and my shoulders are still wider than my waist.

4. docmark777

docmark777

RM Lowrider keeps it as low as can be with no cant--I find it very comfortable.
    If I need to tuck my shirt, I use my MTAC lowered down as far as possible with no cant.

I don't find it any more noticeable than my 19 or 26.
    The key is you have to plan on wearing loose fitting clothes

5. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Kramer #3 IWB under a XL T-shirt.
    I'm 6'3" 180#
    At the last IDPA match when I walked to the line the RO asked me if I "forgot something".
    He didn't know I was armed until I pulled my shirt up to load and make ready.