close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conan O'Brien...what a doozy of a contract - if true.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If this is true, his agent, his PR rep, his manager, his attorney, his publicist and his personal manager should all be taken outback and shot full in the face with cow-patties. :faint:

2. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

Letterman STOLE that joke of the "Next Day Show" from Conan...what an ***...Conan said that in a press release or on TV before David.

Red

3. major

major Rejected member

This would be hilarious if it is true. Wow........any first year law student would know to nail down the time slot in the contract. This would be really embarrassing if Conan's attorneys missed this.

4. CaliColin

CaliColin

They can play the legal loophole game all they want.. but pissing off a comedian who's positive attitude is directly tied to their own viewership is a lose lose proposition. Even if they win, they lose.

5. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I think the fool ought to take whatever they give him. With his talent he might be pumping gas as a next gig. :upeyes:

6. UTKEngineer

UTKEngineer

I totally agree.

7. Altaris

Altaris

Doesn't surprise me. Letterman has never been funny, and even with the easy target NBC is giving him, the jokes I have heard still aren't funny.

I feel bad for Jay and Conan. NBC has messed both of them up, and I can see ratings for both dropping because of this.

8. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Good grief.

9. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

So when is your audition?

:upeyes:

10. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

So you're a little Conan fanboy. :tongueout: Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

11. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Agreed.

12. Gallium

Gallium CLM

What? I personally think elephant patties are bit much! :soap:

'Drew
    :rofl:

13. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I like Jay better than Conan but they are both being screwed. I guess we will watch and see what happens in the "Days of Tonight".

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

I don't watch any of them, but it seems to me Leno is the one who needs to get his **** straight, make up his mind and quit jerking everyone else around.
    He should just retire anyways.

15. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I quite agree. Neither Conan nor Leno has the talent of Carson. They were both dead on arrival. They made the same old mistake every prima dona does, they listened to their own hype.

Shame, Leno is a bit talented, but rises to his own level of hype in no way.

Conan, he's just lucky to be there. Now, you and some others may like him and that's great. But in the end, he'll do anything they want. Because he can do nothing else. If he were that talented, where are all the other offers pouring in? Fact is, he doesn't have any. That says it all.

16. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

No, no, no, I'm in full agreeance with you.

Conan's posse = fail

17. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I on occasion get contracts that float between concert promoters and the management company. They (typically mgmt co if I am working for the artiste, promoter if I am working for the event) ask me to look over these 15-30 page documents to make sure we're not getting copulated anywhere. FOR THE MOST PART, the 1st 20 or so pages were written by me, as I write the technical riders my clients/management companies attach to the single page memorandum of agreement (where, when, how much, who covers what, splits, what unions, etc)...and the venue/event promoter signs, then marks up our stuff, adds stuff, and sends it back to us for us to counter sign.

You'd be surprised how many times the two or three entertainment attys at the management companies FAIL to read thru the most mundane crap, or not understand the significance of certain additions and/or deletions.

Even the most basic live event entertainment contract has specific wording as to the duration of the performance (especially if recurring), and the windows within which said performance can occur, and what remedies are available if this does not happen.

I've seen acts (big stinky ones) get up an leave a venue for a multi act (jazz/reggae/rock/r&b/folk/etc) festival because they did not get the stage at a certain time, or don't perform because XYZ performed before them, or was performing after them, etc etc.

This is just mind bogglingly retarded on his team's part.

'Drew

18. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Sorry, but he should be working in a Ice cream shop.

19. bluenoise

bluenoise

Whoops!

I agree that Jay and Conan are both being screwed by NBC on this one. Why anyone thought Jay's new show was ever going to work is beyond me and Conan has his employer looking for a loophole through which to screw him. I wish them both luck in the matter.

20. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

These people make all sorts of money then complain about the working conditions?
    Sounds like professional sports idols.