Conan O'Brien leaving?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I don't have much time, but...

SCREW YOU NBC!

Kick Fallon out and keep the Cone Bone! Fallon is the worst thing to happen to Late Night ever. I don't mind Jay, but they'd be making a serious mistake to get rid of Conan.

What do you think? Any fans here? Discuss.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...up yours, Fallon. You're a ******bag.

FIGHT IT, CONAN! FIGHT IT!:steamed:

2. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

He's always been "meh". Letterman at is best is the only one I can watch anymore.
    As a teen I was more into Leno though, especially the newspaper headlines.

3. wallytoo

wallytoo FA4AA

Leno seems to be a regular guy who happens to do comedy well. Letterman believes he's above it all, I used to think he was great, then I grew up. Conan is someone to watch if no one else is on, and I feel like watching something. I've never seen Fallon, so I can't say.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  4. silentpoet

silentpoet

Conan is getting screwed, but to be honest he isn't that funny. Letterman is a liberal ******bag who was last funny in 1987.

5. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Leno is best, then Letterman and Kimmel and Conan is not that good but he is better than Fallon or Carson Daly. I would not be surprised to see Conan gone from NBC.

6. JMag

JMag

Rumor is...he's leaving to become head coach at Tennessee.

:)

(Orange hair and all...)

7. tbone1970

tbone1970 walmart goat

conan was at his best on late night. not so good on tonight show.

but hes better than leno or letterman in my book. for a celebrity, he seems to be pretty well grounded, and takes care of his employees.

nbc screwed up royally. my guess is conan will go to fox, and leno will reclaim tonight show.

8. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

The latest I heard (according to TMZ) is that it's a DONE DEAL. Conan is OUT, and The Tonight Show will be offered to Jay Leno. Further speculation suggests that Conan will go to Fox.

9. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Johnny left and now it all sucks.

10. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Leno and O'Brien shouldn't be surprised the NBC is screwing them. Leno got his job because NBC bent Letterman over.

11. JMag

JMag

Majors (at TN) or Carson (at NBC)???

:supergrin:

12. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Plus one.

13. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Carson. The 90 min format, A-list guests, Ed, Dock and The Mighty Carson Players. That was a great show.

14. loki993

loki993

I kinda like Conan. Although I dont watch late night talk shows all that much. They may not have a choice but to let him go. They hatched this ridiculous 10pm show for Leno for the sole reason to keep him on the network,all the while skewering decent programming at that time slot. If Lenos coming back Conan may not want to go back to his original show ans may just want to move on. I would, its been proven time and again that NBC is seriously messed up and is a sinking ship.

Can someone update my on whats going on, Ive heard bit and pieces, but I dont really have a lot of the story.

I know Lenos show was tanking, I knew it would. Has it been canceled? Or are they canceling it? Is Leno coming back to The Tonight Show?

15. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I see I'm not the only one that thinks this. Coco was much better before taking over "The Tonight Show". He did more skits and the show just had a different feel. Leno is better than Letterman IMHO but I can't say I'm a fan. I hope Conan moves to a different network, his show goes back to the way it used to be and NBC's ratings are hurt. We'll see, not that I care a lot.

16. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

I saw him live a few years back. The tickets were free back then and might still be free. The things that don't seem funny at home are very funny in person. He also preps the audience before the show. He really got the crowd going.

17. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Letterman has sucked since day one and Paul Sha;;fer has always been putrid in my view.

Leno: He's fine with the Popular Mechanics and is not funny for TV any more. Don't even know who his music group is. Do they have a name or just laugh at Leno?

Conan.... Meh! Needs a new barber. Needs a new network, needs new writers, needs a.... Nevermind!

The rest of those night time guys don't even come up on the radar as an interference blip.

I can barely stand OReilly but have to agree that Immelt at NBC needs to go. He rots everything he touches,,,,, Kinda like our present Administration is doing. JMO FWIW.

18. mike253

mike253 NRA - IWLA

Hopefully Conan goes back to Fox and starts writing for "The Simpsons" again

19. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I think that Conan can be hilarious. My mother doesn't find his brand of weirdness funny. All depends on taste, I guess. I definitely think that the mainstream turn kind of boxed him in, and I miss Late Night. (Well, I say that, but I don't really watch any tv...)

Leno's a funny guy, but if I were him... I would split. Leno has a lot of talent and resources (even in terms of sheer popularity) that could really be used well in something that isn't a late night television show format. Imagine if he independently produced pieces like what he wrote for Popular Mechanics and did digital distribution.

20. flagg

flagg

I'm still waiting for Leno to do the classy thing and retire.