close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Computer idiot needs help with son's game

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by williamN, Dec 22, 2006.

1. williamN

williamN

Game: IMPERIAL GLORY

We have tried two computers. Both are used to play many similar games with no problems.

On both computers after the game loads and he tries to play he gets this message " THIS APPLICATION CAN'T BE INITIALIZED "

Any help to make me look like a " heroe " in his eyes would be very much appreciated....TIA!!!

2. chbix

chbix

I would see if there are some updates and or drivers and or patches that you might need in order to make the game run. I am not familiar with the game in particular so its hard to say. Similar games in what manner? Same type of game or games with similar requirements?

It may be a bad cd. It has happened before. i would maybe try and install again. Look at forums dedicated to that game, it may be a known issue and have an update and or a work around!

Wish I could do more but without sitting down and seeing whats goign on its really hard to do diagnostics.

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Check your hardware and system specs, it sounds like you PC has a lack of resources, possibly an incompatible Video card or lack of RAM issues, check the required operating system too and download and install Windows updates, service packs and device drivers from the PC manufacture's web site as well.

Here are the games requirements:

Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP (admin rights required) (Windows® 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
    Processor: Pentium 3 1.0GHz (or AthlonXP equivalent)
    RAM: 256 MB System Memory
    Video Card: 100% DirectX 9 compatible 64MB Direct3D Card (GeForce 3/Radeon 8500+)
    Processor: 100% DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    CD-ROM: 8x-speed CD-ROM drive
    Hard Drive: 2.5GB free disk space
    Processor: Note: Laptops & Integrated graphic cards may function but are not supported.

Recommended

Processor: Pentium IV 2.0GHz (or AthlonXP/64 equivalent)
    RAM: 512MB System Memory
    Video Card: 100% DirectX 9 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support (GeForce 6 Series/Radeon X series)

4. Cassius

Cassius

First make sure there are no critical updates available from windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Then re-install DirectX by going to www.microsoft.com/directx

If that doesn't accomplish anything, the next step would be to try and reinstall your video card drivers by downloading them off the manufacturer website. Sometimes newer drivers work better with games.

9 times out of 10 though it is a directx problem when a game won't initialize.

Well, that, or your system just isn't good enough to run it (insufficient memory, etc). But if your PC meets the specs on the game box, then the only other culprits could be your video card drivers or an outdated / corrupted version of DirectX.