Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PatrioticMember
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting an iPod all of my music is on the computer. Playing music from the computer is imo a lot more convenient than playing CDs from a stereo.

Now I'm looking for a program that will allow me to play music in several different rooms in the house. I'd like to have seperate volume adjustments for each room so one room can play at level 3 while another plays at level 5, for example. If I could play differnt play lists in different rooms simultaneously that would be great.

Any recommendations for software than can manage this task?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you actually have 3 outputs on your soundcard running to 3 different amps?

Well, you wont be able to simultaneously 2 different songs on 2 different sets of speakers. Windows XP can only run one instance of the WDM driver at a time. You sound card can probably handle it, but windows doesnt support it. If you're really serious about doing this you could install a different operating systems like Solaris. Im thinking Win 98 might even support multiple WDM drivers.

You should be able to play the same music on multiple stereo systems, though. You would use a player like Winamp in conjunction with whatever control software your soundcard came with to adjust the levels for each output channel. If you soundcard didnt come with anything, Pro Tools or any less sophisticated digital mixing boards would work.

·
PatrioticMember
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Playing different lists simultaneously would be nice, but it sounds like that's the most difficult thing to do. I'd happily settle with being able to play the same list at differnt locations simultaneously, but it would be really useful to be able to adjust the volume for the different rooms independently.

I'd likely be using the same type of speakers in the different rooms, but room size and ambient noise differences would make the independent volume adjustments most useful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts