close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Compression tshirts and sweat

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RJ1670, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RJ1670

RJ1670 Addicted Member

I know we've had a few discussions on here about sweating profusely and how to stop it. Well, nothing works for me. My armpits sweat a ton! I've tried just about every antiperspirant/deodorant out there to no avail. So, I've been thinking about wearing performance/compression tshirts under my shirts. My thinking is that it will at least keep the sweat close to my body and not soak into the shirt I'm wearing as easily. Regular cotton tshirts are loose and absorb the sweat and then soak the shirt it's under.

Am I stupid for thinking this? Any suggestions on decent performance tshirts? I don't want to spend $30/each. Is there a good value out there?

2. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I wear Nike Dri-Fit shirts for working out. But the whole thing behind the compression shirts is that the wick the sweat off your body onto the outside of your shirt if that helps at all.

3. RJ1670

RJ1670 Addicted Member

That is what my understanding is. But, it seems that since it's compression it will be tight to my body and the undershirt won't be sagging right up against my shirt over it.

4. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Yeah you should buy one and at least give it a try.

5. Averageman

Averageman

Look at your diet,...seriously.
    Some folks have medical conditions that influence the amount of sweat they produce, usually it is an issue with diet.
    I would look in to Holistic health practitioners and see what advice they have for you.

6. treeline

treeline

Interesting idea. I don't know if it would help much as the sweat would transfer from compression T-shirt to shirt before it had a chance to evaporate. It also might create a larger sweat stain, less damp but more obvious.

What about the T-shirts sold as sweatproof? They're snug T-shirts - almost compression tight - and trap sweat in a lightly padded armpit with a membrane preventing sweat getting through. I know someone who uses this swiss brand and they prevent pit stains but not damp chest patches. That brand is very expensive and I know he has some cheaper Sweatshield ones that are just as good.

I've seen some shirts that claim to prevent any sweat getting though but that sounds hellish uncomfortable. Might be worth it for someone who gets bad chest & back stains?

Cotton armpit shields are a great idea. I've used them since few buildings here have air conditioning as it would only be used 2 weeks a year. For those 2 weeks I sweat like a piggy and stick cotton shields between my pits and my t-shirt.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  7. JBG30

JBG30

Same here. Specifically the right arm pit. Been an issue since I was twelve. Let me know if you find something that works, I've been considering the Botox injections. And yes, I've tried Certain Dri.

8. BobbyT

BobbyT

If your weight for height / body fat percentage are less than ideal, that could be a better angle of attack.

If you're wearing around an extra 20, 40, or more pounds of stuff designed by nature to insulate you, that can't be helping.

9. sappy13

sappy13

i love compression stuff. I have tried most of the brands, from super cheap offbrand to nike and underarmour. I hate to say it but there is a huge difference in them, not all compression is the same. Spend the extra cash and just get 1 or 2 to start. Slowly build from there. If you take care of them they will last a long time. Just go into a store that has different ones and try them on. You will feel the difference

10. Officer X

Officer X

Oddly I found that the more I used antiperspirant, the more I would sweat. When I switched to just using deodorant only, the problem cleared up for me.

Others are correct also about diet or carrying too much weight around being a cause too.

11. ray9898

ray9898

i think you are misjudging what compression shirts do. They wick the moisture from the skin which goes into the outer garmet. Their job is to evaporate sweat from the skin so there is a dry layer making contact, not to absorb sweat like a sponge.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  12. RJ1670

RJ1670 Addicted Member

I've been sweating like this my whole life. I'm 5'11" 180lbs. It's just my armpits. Botox injections are sounding good right about now.