close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Competition spring kit??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Silas32, May 21, 2012.

1. Silas32

Silas32

I know these kits can really improve the trigger pull on older generation glocks, but would the kit be worth it on my gen 3 glock 23?

2. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

IMO, you should get some improvement. Spring kits are fairly cheap so experimentation isn't a problem. I changed the springs to the 6# trigger spring, reduced power stiker safety spring and 4# striker spring. Noticed most difference with the 4# striker spring. I also put a 3.5# Ghost connector in. All-in-all, the pull was lightened but after about 500 rounds or more, I went back to stock and that's where I am at now. I don't regret it.

So try the springs, try a connector and see. You may go back to stock, too....

3. high ground

high ground

I have them in all my Glocks except my carry gun, which is stock except a polish on the moving trigger parts.

4. Silas32

Silas32

Cool, thanks a lot. I think I'll try em out. Would you also know anything about the stainless steal guide rods helping w muzzle flip?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. elde

elde Lifetime Member

I have steel guide rods in all of my Glocks and I've yet to discern any perceptable difference in recoil that could be attributable to an ounce or two additional weight in the slide. I have them in my guns simply because I to do like nor trust plastic guide rods.

Don't waste your money expecting that recoil will be diminished with an aftermarket guide rod.

6. Silas32

Silas32

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the advice!

7. elde

elde Lifetime Member

You're certainly welcome sir.

Glad to have you on the Forum -- Welcome!

8. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

Nope, sorry. I am not that "advanced". :supergrin: I have read a lot of folks didn't especially like the SS rods (for various reasons) but muzzle-flip improvement wasn't one of them given as to liking the rods. Tungsten rods, either, IIRC. Seems general opinion is waste of money. Keep the originals.

Use the $$$ to buy more ammo!!!!!!!!

9. HK Dan

HK Dan

I have extensive experience with GLOCK mods especially spring refits and trigger kits. IMHO the light striker spring will end up causing you grief. It wont be for about 2000 rounds or so, but around that point it will start throwing light strikes and you'll need a new one. I went back to stock, and that was about half of the trigger pull reduction (it was running just south of 2 pounds). Its now around 3, but I get to shoot every time I pull the trigger.

Also, the Wolf trigger springs tend to break more often than factory. Because of that I learned a few neat tricks (like if the trigger spring breaks in a stage, turn the gun upside down and you can finish, even with broken parts)

If it's going in a arry gun, I could see replacing the safety plunger and trigger springs, but Id leave out the striker spring. A lighter recoil spring will gie flatter recoil impulse, but will not effect the snap of the gun at all. A heaier rod will be of negligible value. As a Master class shooter I can feel a difference, but most would not.

Dan