Glock Talk banner

compensator for para p14

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Longbow 
#1 ·
If I were to add a compensator on my para p14, what parts would be required to add or replace on the gun?

How much would it cost?

#2 ·
Bro, i respect and love you but dont know how to say it politely :

ANG JOLOGS NG 45 NA NAKA COMPENSATOR!!!

Kung gagastos ka lang din, magpaturo ka nalang sa instructor
When you can do splits of .13 on that p14, hindi na kailangan ng comp

respectfully yours po

#3 ·
jundeleon,
I don't know what language that reply to your question was but here's what my comped topend looks like.

It was my first racegun in the late 80's and I've since moved on to a 38 supercomp Para.
I don't know if you can still get these parts but this was an Ed Brown drop in barrel with a Four Star comp. It worked best with 155 grain LSWC bullets.
You can get a cone comp from Brownells for $150. and all you'd have to do is have your stock barrel threaded.
It really comes down to what you have in mind with it. If you're just plinking then you don't need a comp. If you're going to compete with it and don't want to spend a lot of money on the gun the EGW cone comp would be the cheapest way to go. Also if you're competing and you're competing against 38 supers then you'll need to really practice your reloads. If you can get really good with your reloads you can really give the 38 supers a run for their money.
Good luck.

#4 ·
Originally posted by Allegra
Bro, i respect and love you but dont know how to say it politely :

ANG JOLOGS NG 45 NA NAKA COMPENSATOR!!!

Kung gagastos ka lang din, magpaturo ka nalang sa instructor
When you can do splits of .13 on that p14, hindi na kailangan ng comp

respectfully yours po
;z ;z ;z , jeez master A. ;f

Brother jun, a comped 45 is actually a workable setup. But the design of the cartridge doesn't really work the comp as effectively as the higher pressure cartridges. Baka kung 45 pin loads...which at this point you'd probably need a ramped barrel for more case support? Besides, you'll need an extended and threaded barrel to attach the comp. Or re-work your existing barrel to accept a cone-comp. Not to mention the "smithing" of your current slide to fit the comp properly. I'm sure you don't want that.

Start it right. Unless you're willing to give up your P14 for good. ;)

Good luck.

#6 ·
Seriously bro, get some training
Pag marunong ka na, you can decide for yourself what modifications you need

#7 ·
I'm with Allegra. There isn't enough powder capacity on a .45 ACP cartridge to truly work a comp to full capability. Comps are best suited for longer cartridges. Maybe multiple barrel porting (done on 6" barrel) is a better substitute, but do expect some substantial velocity loss. But, hey, if you just wanna have one on the gun for whatever reason ...go for it! Its your money. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.