21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Come on man!!
14,348 Posts
Reactions: 6Actual and CAcop

·
Registered
30,212 Posts
Truth is a blinding light. The owner forewarned his employees of what the future holds for his employees and himself for that matter. So people can’t handle reality. The fools that quit over this just strengthens the company. Anyone calling this voter intimidation have no clue as to what voter intimidation really is.

This is voter intimidation:
F204D06E-35B1-478A-94ED-3D84BFE7B834.jpeg
C27072AE-F1AC-465A-BA96-4BABFF30C281.jpeg

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,751 Posts
Truth is a blinding light. The owner forewarned his employees of what the future holds for his employees and himself for that matter. So people can’t handle reality. The fools that quit over this just strengthens the company. Anyone calling this voter intimidation have no clue as to what voter intimidation really is.

This is voter intimidation:
View attachment 853332 View attachment 853334

What, is there only one kind of voter intimidation?

·
Registered
30,212 Posts
What, is there only one kind of voter intimidation?
This ain’t even any form of it. Facts are facts. You are, of course, at liberty to misinterpret this all you like, but voter intimidation this is not.

·
1,751 Posts
This ain’t even any form of it. Facts are facts. You are, of course, at liberty to misinterpret this all you like, but voter intimidation this is not.
So this businessman who flies a trump flag at the business, who donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to the trump organization just happens to drop this letter in with pay stubs as an FYI but has no agenda at all. Ok gotcha, you’re completely right this could in no way be construed as voter intimidation

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
So this businessman who flies a trump flag at the business, who donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to the trump organization just happens to drop this letter in with pay stubs as an FYI but has no agenda at all. Ok gotcha, you’re completely right this could in no way be construed as voter intimidation
If I warn you that hitting yourself in the head with a hammer will hurt am I trying to intimidate you into not doing so? Or am I trying to help you understand the inevitable consequences of a very foolish act?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Well, I grew up in an America which cherished and defended an individual’s ability to express their political opinion, whether floor sweeping part-timer, or CEO.
In my opinion, a CEO does not lose their right to express their political beliefs, just because they own and run a successful company.
...And the employees have every right to listen to or ignore it.
No intimidation.

·
1,751 Posts
If I warn you that hitting yourself in the head with a hammer will hurt am I trying to intimidate you into not doing so? Or am I trying to help you understand the inevitable consequences of a very foolish act?
I’m sure if he had told his employees to avoid hitting themselves in the head with a hammer that none would have misconstrued that as voter intimidation. But what he did say could very well be taken as a threat and therefore voter intimidation. I mean he’s so close to shuttering the place he could afford to drop $600,000 while other businesses owned by both trump and biden supporters and maybe not doing so well didn’t feel the need to drop the same note to employees.
Bottom line here is that if it was a biden supporting business and the owner pulled the same exact stunt, you’d have all the trump supporters calling foul. And they’d be right.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I hadn't seen this posted already, and I wondered what ya'lls thoughts on this were? Personally, I don't see a problem with it. It's not as if the president of the company will know who his employees voted for, or that he's threatening to lay off only those who vote for Biden.

https://www.wesh.com/article/letter-president-company-layoffs-dmc/34401148
"The letter warns: "If Trump and the Republicans win (the election), DMC will hopefully be able to continue operating, more or less as it has been operating lately."
to me, just that one sentence, is telling me, the company is already in dire straits financially.

i think, the CEO is looking for a scapegoat, rather than accept the blame himself for any closing.

i seen this before in at least one union shop i worked at. and at least one non-union shop.

when business is slow to a crawl, and the bankers are knocking on the front AND rear doors, the company top management looks for a patsy.

read again what he said.....If Trump wins, DMC will hopefully be able to continue.

it's like (to me) they are going under, no matter what.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,689 Posts
I believe it was entirely appropriate for the boss to warn his workers that "Elections have consequences"...There is clear and convincing evidence to support his claims...I don't think it was designed to intimidate anyone...but to Inform folks he is concerned about to get their houses in order and prepare accordingly.
Hurricane warnings are given for the exact same reason...we know what hurricanes do ...just as we know what a democratic controlled Presidency will do...

·
Director of civil unrest
8,553 Posts
Well, I grew up in an America which cherished and defended an individual’s ability to express their political opinion, whether floor sweeping part-timer, or CEO.
In my opinion, a CEO does not lose their right to express their political beliefs, just because they own and run a successful company.
...And the employees have every right to listen to or ignore it.
No intimidation.
WTF happened to that America?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Not sure how this was " intimidation" ....
If the boss said, “ if Biden wins I’m going to come after you and burn your house down”, that’s voter suppression and intimidation. If the boss already knows you probably voted Trump but Biden gets elected anyhow and he says “I may have to let some of you go” that’s a heads up to get your ducks in a row way ahead of time. That’s doing you a favor. Start looking for other job opportunities. Hold off buying a new sports car or boat you could do without.

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
If the boss said, “ if Biden wins I’m going to come after you and burn your house down”, that’s voter suppression and intimidation. If the boss already knows you probably voted Trump but Biden gets elected anyhow and he says “I may have to let some of you go” that’s a heads up to get your ducks in a row way ahead of time. That’s doing you a favor. Start looking for other job opportunities. Hold off buying a new sports car or boat you could do without.
Exactly.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts