·
Registered
20,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
........15 grand?.....
Ain't no $15K vehicles anymore. One year ago there were SIX vehicles, extreeeeemly basic, that were under $15K. I didn't find stats for this year, but there's probably fewer vehicles under $15K.

Mustangs are $50K+ now.

·
Banned
30,496 Posts
I'm interested in a little pickup for puttering. Can't wait too many years, and it'll have to be able to carry junk, etc. Manual trans would be a plus, too.

Reactions: Willard

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
3,958 Posts
I like the idea. That model is currently sold in Brazil. The USA version would certainly look better.

Reactions: Willard

·
Why so serious?
64,702 Posts
Screen Shot 08-09-18 at 12.56 PM.JPG

·
Registered
20,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its not fancy or pretty but I think thats whats needed to really hold the price down.

/

·
Why so serious?
64,702 Posts
:laughabove:

·
Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,305 Posts
I don’t think this will actually happen... They’re planning on making it in Mexico and importing it to the USA but the truck is too small to smuggle drugs and illegal aliens into the country without being detected.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,080 Posts
I think small trucks are what's missing from today's market. I had a Ranger that I bought used in 2001 that was a 1995 and it was a former fleet vehicle and had been well maintained. It was as basic as you could get with a single cab, short bed, 5 speed overdrive and a 4 cylinder. Great little truck, good on gas and was adequate for my needs.

In about 2006 I "Upgraded" to a slightly newer Mazda truck which is basically the same thing as a Ranger but the newer truck had the extended cab and a slightly longer wheelbase but it was the same 4 cylinder 5 speed as the other truck. I liked the extra room in the cab especially for road trips when carrying luggage but the shorter wheelbase of the single cab was better for parking and maneuverability.

I can't imagine driving one of the newer monster 4 door trucks that are so popular these days especially one with an 8 foot bed. I did construction work for many years and always had a truck. Some were short beds, most were long beds, one was a flatbed, but all were full size and single cab. But I also usually owned a second car so the trucks were mostly daily drivers and work vehicles.

One small truck that I always wanted to own was the little Ford Falcon Ranchero. With the 260 V8 and a 4 speed it would be a lot of fun to drive and not too bad on gas either.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,446 Posts
I’d be interested if it had 4WD. I’m guessing it won’t. Price point is very appealing.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
i like a small Pick Ups, and presently drive a 97 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

i'd even drive one of those, BUT, that ain't a truck

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,338 Posts
That ain't no truck. :miff:

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,338 Posts
Ford is bringing back the Ranger in 2019.

upload_2018-8-9_14-59-45.jpeg

·
Registered
19,496 Posts
i like a small Pick Ups, and presently drive a 97 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 diesel

i'd even drive one of those, BUT, that ain't a truck
Hey now. I drive a 97 f350 crew cab diesel too :D

1 - 20 of 65 Posts