close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comp-Tac paddle?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1canvas, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 1canvas

1canvas

i would like to upgrade from a fobus for my 23 and was looking at comp-tac. i am happy with the m-tac so i thought to look to them for a paddle holster.
    anyone use one?

2. Sharkey

Sharkey

I have a couple for my Kahrs. I ordered them because price was reasonable, and turn around time for a LH paddle holster for a uncommon gun was fast.

I like mine. I know a lot here like Crossbreed holsters. I tried one and it was uncomfortable. I usually have a Comp Tac Paddle, Desantis Paddle, or High Noon IWB in appendix carry on me.

People rag the Fobus line but I have a couple of those for Glocks and HP and I'm happy with them too.

3. ked

ked

i have one for my G26/19/17. i use it almost exclusively for OWB. great holster.

ked:wavey:

4. fastbolt

fastbolt

I have a couple of their standard paddle holsters and have been very pleased with their design, quality of materials & workmanship and their customer service.

They aren't my first plastic/synthetic holster by a long stretch, but in many ways I consider them superior to the others I own.

I'll own more as time passes.

5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

I like my Comp Tac paddles.

Is there a holster out there that allows for a faster draw? I've never experienced one!

6. flatag

flatag Must have tacos

I have a c-tac paddle for my G30 and it works well. Just make sure you use it with a good gun belt.

7. sharpblade

sharpblade

I just ordered 2 of their paddle holsters yesterday. I got the ones they call the speed paddle, straight vertical draw. I was wondering how close the gun sits to the body. Anyone got any pictures wearing one?

8. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

I have a settable cant holster for a 5" 1911 w/both the paddle & belt attachment. I only use the paddle as it seats the weapon much closer to the body. This is the best paddle holster I have ever used or owned. This holster is definitely a high rise w/the paddle attachment, which is why I went for it, so keep this in mind if you are comparing it w/the other Comptac paddles.

9. fastbolt

fastbolt

I didn't buy a second one because they were necessarily 'fast', but because the materials are very good and the holster sits high and tight to the belt line for a paddle design. My Hume H726 is a faster holster when it comes to actual presentation since it is a semi-open breakfront design (if you're an accomplished user of a thumb snap design, and that takes some amount of training and 'muscle memory') . http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=49

This leather holster allows the slide to clear the holster lower and sooner (below the bottom edge of the belt) and requires much less of a lift of the shoulder/arm. It also hugs the body very closely and has the typical forward cant which pulls the butt of the grip in close to the torso. Great plainclothes/off-duty holster.

I like a high-riding, tight-to-the-body Comp-tac synthetic paddle for general range and less-critical/physically active carry chores where I don't mind a little less security (open top/friction retention) and aren't planning on trying to break any personal speed records for presentation. Handy, comfortable and sturdy for active range training situations in adverse weather. Easily cleaned.

10. TerryI

TerryI

I have a vertical one for my G17, which I use in GSSF and USPSA shoots. I also have one with an FBI cant for my G19, which I use for carry. I upgraded from Fobus holsters, too. I like the Comp-Tacs a lot. They hold the pistol high and close to the body, they're very secure, and they offer a good range of tension adjustment via the tension screws.

By way of another comparison, I find the Comp-Tac holds my G19 closer to my body than my Blackhawk Serpa does.

11. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

I have several and like them very much. Keeps my weapon close to my body, the weapon is easily drawn and re-holstered and they are durable.

12. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

I have one for every gun I carry...just ordered one for my CZ and my Springfield Loaded.

Yeah...I like them....been using them for years.

13. RedTape

RedTape

Yep, I have one for a G17 and it's been great.