comp-tac Infidel

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by jhs71, Feb 26, 2010.

1. jhs71

jhs71

Was looking at the Gurkha IWB which looks like the Ky-tac Braveheart but site says Gurkha discontinued with their alt. being the Infidel with a c-t.a.c. strut. So does anyone carry with that setup and how do you like it?

2. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

What gun?

I ordered an Infidel for my G22 and didn't care for it at all. I returned it and exchanged for a new body for my Comp-Tac MTAC. I felt the holster wasn't stable enough on my belt. However I did NOT try it with the C-TAC strut.

I think the smaller/lighter the gun is, the better luck you'll have with a stable holster, for me with a large gun like a Glock 22, it just moved around too much on my belt.

Overall, I'm very happy with my MTAC. My only compliant is that the holster isn't as easy to reholster as compared to an Infidel or CTAC. However I strongly feel that you gain a lot of comfort with the leather backer of the MTAC.

I'd love to get another Infidel with a C-TAC strut, and line the back with mole skin to see if that helped with the stability and comfort issue, but I don't have disposable income...so the comparison will have to wait.

3. banjobob

banjobob

the only reason I carry my 22 is because of the infidel, I love it.

4. hatidua

hatidua

-fine idea that I'm going to try! (and I like the Infidel already, but that might be quite nice!).

5. wyattearp

wyattearp

I use one with my g23 and 19. Love it at 4 o'clock.

6. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I really wanted to like the Infidel and believe me, the reholstering was MUCH nicer than the m-tac, I just couldn't get it to stay stable like my m-tac.

In hindsight, I should have given my above suggestion a try, but my m-tac body was already broken in, I'd be previously carrying an XD, and I wanted something that was proven.

7. sig123

sig123

I just bought the infidel but paid an extra $5 to have them remove the sweat shield since it digs into my side. I think the belt clip will provide enough stability?

8. jhs71

jhs71

It too would be for a g23, to replace a braveheart made with the thinner kydex. I like the fact the parts/clips are not part of the molded body and can be replaced. Thanks for the feedback.

9. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

My experience with the Infidel mirrors Laramie as I could not keep it stable on a thick leather belt. I tried the rear attachment, but it just made it uncomfortable for me. I wanted it to work and wish they would make a version of the braveheart that one could get.