close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comp-Tac Infidel not working out...replace with C-TAC or M-TAC?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Laramie In MT, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I have been carrying an XD9 in a Comp-Tac M-TAC and love the holster. My only minor complaint is that due to the leather backing, reholstering isn't the easiest.

I ordered an infidel for my glock 22, but after a few weeks of daily carry, I've noticed that there is a lot of movement that I never noticed with my MTAC. I think it's a combination of the full kydex holster which is a little smoother than the leather backing of the MTAC and the infidel has the single belt clip compared to the 2 spread out clips of the MTAC.

So my thoughts are to get a CTAC which still offers easy reholsters but has the clips that are spread out on either side of the holster OR just get a g22 body for my MTAC.

Thoughts?

2. PA Wizard

PA Wizard

MTAC all the way!!! I have 2 CTAC's one dedicated for my 26, and a newer 9mm slide for my 19 and 26. I have a MTAC for my 21sf and WOW!! i have since ordered a 9mm slide body. I guess I'll sell the 26 CTAC and keep the 9mm slide for backup. To me the comfort difference is measurable!!
    As always YMMV.

Hope this helps.

Wiz

3. TenMillimeter

TenMillimeter

I had an MTAC and promptly sold it. Many like it, but it just didn't work for me. I love my Infidels. You might want to try the Gurka strut. It adds a rearward belt attachment point and increases stability greatly.

4. gtalum1996

gtalum1996

Too bad you dont have a G23, or I would have traded you my CTAC for your infidel. I LOVE the infidel. I have an MTAC also, and like it.

5. chrismartin

chrismartin

If you didn't like the MTAC because of holstering concerns, but you liked the Infidel, then I would consider going with the CTAC. It's the Infidel with two belt clips like the MTAC.

Personally, I LOVE the MTAC. I have a CTAC or two in the box and only run my MTAC. I don't have any problem re-holstering, but I don't really need to re-holster that often, so even if it's a little less smooth or a little longer, no real problem for me as it just doesn't come up often enough to worry with. Even more so because of the comfort of the MTAC.

With all the holster options out there, the MTAC fits my needs perfectly.

ETA: Ohhh, I did forget about the Ghurka strut. That would be the first thing I would try if I were in your shoes. I'd order that and a new shell for the MTAC to fit your Glock. Two birds with the same shipping costs.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I think this is where I'm leaning. Glad to hear that you feel comfortable w/ your G21 in the mtac. Thanks for the feedback on the ctac v. mtac.

I have seen the clip and am considering it. My mtac for my XD works like a dream, and the frame of the my xd is darn close to the side of my g22 (1/2" barrel/slide aside).

I'm not sure what it was w/ the Infidel, but that thing was walking all over the place and I was using a beltman belt that has an insert, so I know that wasn't the issue.

Might not have worked...I'm "wrong" handed ;) :wavey:

7. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

Thanks for that. I have a glock sport/combat, so I think I can just use that as my idpa holster, and run the mtac as my daily carry rig.

I did a test and adjusted my mtac w/ my XD and reholster is easier, I think I might have been wearing my belt too tight combied with a little too much tension.

Thanks for the thoughts.

8. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

I have two MTAC's and haven't found anything that works better. In fact, I'm so happy with them, I quit looking.

9. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I'm starting to agree with that statement. I put my mtac on right now and it literally just sunk into the same position and felt GTG.