close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comments on Xfinity Cable?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GlocknSpiehl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member Silver Member

Finally tired of losing satellite signal every time it rains here in Miami. Looking to do a digital cable with interent package.

I know, I know, I hate cable with a passion, but I'm sick of having the TV go out in the middle of something good.

Has anyone used this Xfinity service? Any good? It seems to be less expensive than other options in the area.

2. michael e

michael e

Had comcast, the customer service sucked. But about the same as ATT. Left them because they kept raising the rates, when called to cancel they offered a great deal but was too little to late for them at that point. Just call them every yr and tell them you are leaving for a better deal and they will lower your rate.

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Millennium Member

They all are bad!

I have xfinity/comcast TV and internet. DVR box has to be rebooted often, picture messes up, sound breaks up...

no other internet option so I deal with it

4. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Comcast Internet and customer service suck so bad they changed their name to Xfinity. If you have a comparable option, go with it instead.

5. coastal4974

coastal4974

I have DirecTV and spending about $100 a month for their Choice Extra package and HD for 2 TV’s.

I’m going to call them this week and dump it. It’s too much money for a bunch of shopping networks and reality reruns.

Our HOA has basic Xfinity cable included so it will only cost me $20 a month for their Digital starter package. I will be losing a few channels but it’s all crap anyways and I gain $80/month. Plus, with Xfinity I will be able to access my programming and watch from my smart phone, computer or tablet.

I like DirecTV better but $80 is just not worth what’s on TV today. The only thing cheaper would be no HD on cable or HD an old fashioned antenna.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. goldenlight

goldenlight

Comcast won the Golden Poop award from Consumerist Magazine as the WORST company in the ENTIRE USA, for 2010.

They haven't improved any since then.

And, their low bid digital cable boxes are the worst on the planet. I know somebody who went through 7 of them, before he got one that would work for more than a few days in a row.

He turned one in as defective, and they tried to give it back to him less than a week later. He had taped the channel guide to it, and the piece of tape was still on it. It had not been serviced, obviously

I would advise to go with any service OTHER than Comcast.

7. HexHead

HexHead

I had Xfinity and cut the cable completely, just keeping their fast Internet service. I now get my local HD stations OTA using a Mohu Leaf antenna, stream Netflix, Hulu+ and other stuff with a Roku box and purchase imdividual cable shows I want to watch through iTunes using Apple TV. My ongoing monthly expenses for Netflix and Hulu+ come to $16/ mo. I couldn't be happier.

8. Golddog

Golddog

Dumped DirectTV satellite service, which was awful, for Xfinity/Comcast two or three years ago. We've been quite pleased with Xfinity - no problems.

9. Viper16

Viper16

that sucks that you are having so much Cable trouble. I stay away from dish/direct just for that reason alone. Too bad COX Communication isn't out there...I have had there cable for +10 years and have only had minor issues that were resolved in less than 20mins that did not recur. The cost of the service is slowly killing me though.

10. bill1725

bill1725

I've had Xfinity for about two years. Got the package with TV, phone and internet. The only problem I have had was with the phone; lost the dial tone once. Customer service instructed me on how to re-boot the modem and fixed the problem.

11. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I left comcast a few years ago for verizon fios. Service on fios is ok, but it is just as expensive, and just as many crap channels as comcast.

My last straw with Comcast was having a bad cable box (a consistent problem), and calling customer service only to have them tell me they would walk me through the troubleshooting/repair steps. I told them that I am not a Comcast repairman, and for $180.00 a month in fees, they could send someone out. They told me that there would be a separate fee ($150, I think) for a home visit (to fox their faulty equipment which never worked).

The whole cable/sattelite industry makes me want to take a karate class.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

They are so bad that no one has them. No one. They have less than 1% penetration in every market they are in.

These threads remind me of the unsuccessful bear hunter joke. "You don't come here to hunt bears, do you, Bob?" :rofl:

13. RDW

RDW BTDT

Have have had it for Many Years will Very Few Problems that have been corrected quickly!

14. kiole

kiole

Make sure the dish is secure and aimed properly. Do a test and let us know what your signal strength is. If your dish is aligned properly and secured properly you should only lose service in very heavy down pours.

15. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

yeah...i second that. and the customer service is horrible.

16. l0_0l

l0_0l beat that beat

I wish I could do something like this, but with a wife, kids, and a babysitter/mother-in-law ... it'd be next to impossible to teach them how to use it all in any sort of fashion.

Paying through the nose is the only way to KISS it.

17. glock509

glock509

i have comcrap. have had 5 dvrs in a years time. some of their csrs are good but most are not. plus they keep raising thier prices.

18. as400guy1

as400guy1

Had Comcast/Xfinity for about 10 years (cable & internet). No problems. Rarely goes out (only during power outages or REALLY big storms). No problems with customer service either.