Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.enterprisenews.com/opini...-could-learn-from-other-nation-s-gun-policies
COMMENTARY: U.S. could learn from other nation’s gun policies

GateHouse News Service
Posted Feb 06, 2011 @ 05:04 AM

This American obsession with guns is not found in other countries

After the Tucson massacre that took the lives of six innocent victims and the near assassination of congresswoman Gabby Giffords, there was the inevitable talk about gun control – banning automatic weapons, mandating fewer bullets in a gun clip and establishing a gun-free perimeter around members of Congress.

But as has been the case so often after these tragic events, there is only talk and little action

·
Please! Please! No more!
7,524 Posts
Also politicians rarely look beyond our borders for ideas or legislative models.
Is this idiot for real? Our politicians are supposed to look to the US Constitution, you braindead liberal fool.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
They could learn that gun control doesn't and hasn't worked for them. Then again you are assuming that anything in Washington DC has that ability...

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out the comment that's already on the page :)

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Yes. Let's look to other nations.

Switzerland
Israel

How about those two??? :)

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
If this person is so enamored of laws in other countries they can go live there.

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
!Excellent! rebuttal in the comment section by one "jarhead 1982". Excellent! Hard to dispute facts... but then again, emotion is powerful. No one commented yet on the gov't massacres on populations subjected to "Gun Control" in the 20th Century. Hard to dispute those facts as well.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
http://www.enterprisenews.com/opini...-could-learn-from-other-nation-s-gun-policies
COMMENTARY: U.S. could learn from other nation’s gun policies

GateHouse News Service
Posted Feb 06, 2011 @ 05:04 AM

This American obsession with guns is not found in other countries

After the Tucson massacre that took the lives of six innocent victims and the near assassination of congresswoman Gabby Giffords, there was the inevitable talk about gun control – banning automatic weapons, mandating fewer bullets in a gun clip and establishing a gun-free perimeter around members of Congress.

But as has been the case so often after these tragic events, there is only talk and little action
Personally I don't see the problem with limiting the capacity of clips. The largest clip I know of only holds 8 rounds anyway (M1 Garand). :supergrin:

·
Registered
99 Posts
If this person is so enamored of laws in other countries they can go live there.
YES!!

In the Middle East, several very prosperous nations have the attitude that if you're there, you better damned well follow their laws. They treat outsiders with respect (more than we get in the USA, even), but the assumption is you want to be there, so deportation becomes a very powerful deterrent.

I'd like to see these @#$%s kicked out of America to some place that has all their anti-male, anti-gun, anti-Freedom policies in place like, oh, Haiti or any sub-Saharan African nation or any American inner city.

Then see how much they love societies with their garbage already in practice.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Yes, let's learn from Mexico... Great example there!

·
Happy Smiley
17,229 Posts
All I can say is that we owe "Jarhead1982" a beer for that well written and brilliantly laid out response!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Just because some countries have strict gun control measures, doesn't mean it's working out for them.
I'd feel much safer in a good pro-gun country than somewhere with "no guns" and a lot of CCTV cameras like jolly ol' England.

·
Me Got Gun!
221 Posts
Is this idiot for real? Our politicians are supposed to look to the US Constitution, you braindead liberal fool.
I agree. Our moron Administration, including Obama and Clinton, actually believe in using foreign case law to formulate our legislation. They can go ****** themselves. The U.N. Small Arms Treaty is also a run-around of our laws and Constitution, although our Congress would have to accept the provisions of that treaty, which is not likely as long as the libs aren't running the entire show.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
424 Posts
Guns are banned in Brazil, but they are just banned for people who follow the law. The criminals have great access to powerful guns. Mostly through corruption in the military/police/goverment sectors.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts