Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
8,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was buying a mag today and getting a price quote on an HK when I overheard a guy working the counter say: "the good thing about Hipoint is once you run out of ammo you can throw it at the bad guy." :upeyes:

·
INFRINGED
42,213 Posts
People can say whatever the hell they want concerning certain weapons they stick their nose up at. I personally wouldn't own a high point, and that's only because I can afford better. I wouldn't however knock anyone else from owning one.

I have never heard anything bad about them, other than they being ugly as sin.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
My first semi-auto pistol was a Hi-Point 9mm. Several hundred rounds and no problems. I think they launch a bullet just like any other gun.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
I was buying a mag today and getting a price quote on an HK when I overheard a guy working the counter say: "the good thing about Hipoint is once you run out of ammo you can throw it at the bad guy." :upeyes:
Well, it is true that the HiPoint is a heavy chunk of metal. What exactly was wrong about what he said?

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
And then he'd whip it back at you and say, "Don't throw your garbage at me!"

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
The .45 is heavier than a 1911, IIRC.... that'll leave a mark.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had a guy come up and show me his new HiPoint one time. Of course he had it in one of those one size fits all nylon holsters with the clip on the back and it was flopping around everywhere. Thats not the best part, he acutally had the rounds loaded in the mag backwards! No joke. The guy was in his late 40s I would guess and it was his first gun.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Thats funny, my buddy said the same thing.

"That thing is deadlier as a club".

Then I shot better groups with it than he could with his Beretta.

Ugly and crude, but it would put a big knot on your melon.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I've never owned a Hi-Point firearm, nor do I have any desire to own one in the future, but some of the models are made or assembled in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio and that fact alone makes them ok with me.

They may not be the prettiest handgun around (sound familiar?) but they put money in the pockets of hard working Americans, they're affordable and make a good entry level choice for someone who wants to participate in a sport we all love.

That being said......I'd throw my G19 at the bad guy if that was my last resort.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts

·
Floyd
3,569 Posts
What's wrong with what he said?

·
woo woo
31,041 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.:supergrin:

If all you can afford is the High Point, you could do a lot worse. From what I've seen, they work well.

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
:rofl: I try to avoid gun stores, for the sales person stupidity, high prices, and general attitude. Only go to them to do FFL transfers, thats it. Every other gun related thing I buy online.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
None of the gun store near me sell Hi-Points, if I owned a gun store I wouldn't either. I wouldn't let my employees bad mouth anything I did sell though. What's the dealer profit on these guns, I assume the normal 10%, so $14?

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,500 Posts
My EDC is a Kahr PM-9 and my cop-buddy tells me that I may as well throw it at a bad guy - it would do as much damage as the 9 mil. He carries a G21 on duty and a G27, off.

I'm sure both comments are tongue-in-cheek.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts