Comical things that qualify as a good day in LE

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msu_grad_121, Mar 8, 2017.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

While sitting on a prisoner at the hospital, I texted a friend of mine and asked how her day was going. This was her reply:

"Thankfully I have not had to search anyone covered in their own urine so far tonight. However the night is young."

Followed by this:

"How was your day? Oh it was good. I didn't have to touch pee!"

It's kind of funny what qualifies as a "good day" in this line of work! :supergrin:

2. collim1

collim1

Babysitting at the hospital is the worst.

Us and the EMS crews fight over drunks now. If I make a PI arrest and they start barfing the jail won't take them. Now I argue to EMS they should just take them off the bat, because they are gonna end up at the hospital anyway.

I pulled over on the way to the jail last week and let some drunk girl barf for ten minutes until she got it all out. Wrote the report up and printed it on my ecite printer. Walked her straight in and to a cell slapped the report down on the booking desk and ran the hell out of there fast as I could before she started gagging again.

It's a shame to have to do it that way. If you can't barf in jail where can you?

3. cherokeewarrior

cherokeewarrior NRA Life Member

Does the jail have "No barf zone" posted??:crying:

Gunfighter001 likes this.
  4. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Come work in the ER with us, not only pee, but puke and crap too boot!

5. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

I was a hospital cop for 7 years. I'm intimately familiar. LOL!

Gunfighter001, Ajon412 and chiefjack like this.
  6. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Generally, I agree with you. I didn't mind too much in this case, because we've had a couple warrants out for this nimrod for 6+ months, and our investigations unit caught him yesterday, just by a stroke of luck. He didn't run, which was a miracle, and he had cocaine, heroin and fentanyl on him. But of course, as soon as he got in booking, he developed an acute case of incarceritis and went to the ER. We were so short yesterday, no one went with him, and no one from the hospital was keeping an eye on him, so I took it upon myself to go sit on him. Glad I did, too, as he was released about 15 minutes after I got there, and his mom was going to take him out.

As soon as he signed his release papers, I stepped in the room was was like YOINK, you're coming with me. Worked out perfectly. :D

7. collim1

collim1

Incarceritis...that's great.

8. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Yes, that's a new one, I'm going to have to use that.

9. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I would have happily traded a year of the worst possible days on patrol for just one week without any Lexipol updates or departmental training bulletins.

pgg00 likes this.
  10. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

We call it "jailitis" here, but same principle.

For me, a good day in the office means the jail didn't send 20 people over to be hooked up with ankle bracelets - or, if it's my report day, when my little angels cime to visit, I locked up a half dozen because they don't understand how GPS works.

A good day on the road means none of the homes we visited had bed bugs, smelled like a **** filled kennel, or had holes in the floor, covered with a rug. Sadly, the former two generally prevent a "good day" by those metrics.

Ohsheepdog, refugeepj and Gombey like this.
  11. Ftttu

Ftttu

I've been turned away way more times than not for high blood pressure. Even though it is about 99% chance the idiot will bond out in a few hours, the intake nurse will deny acceptance. Guy or gal is as healthy looking as can be but that all-too-important blood pressure reading is just too high. Then it is off the the county hospital for a few hours where you hope someone relieves you if it gets close to shift change.

12. Yucca-Man

Yucca-Man

Yeah, symptoms are phantom chest pain and the ability to breathe well enough to say they have difficulty breathing...

Attacks are almost always brought on by the contact of cold steel handcuffs to bare skin.

13. Gombey

Gombey

This!! The worst is when it smells like a kennel AND old fried food.

Gunfighter001 likes this.
  14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Sounds like an allergic reaction to consequences, especially the difficulty breathing.

Their throat tends to swell shut when they see how big the guys are in the cell you're about to put them in with.

Randy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gunfighter001, Yucca-Man and nursetim like this.
  15. FriggetyFrak

FriggetyFrak

While there were some fun times on occasion, this post reminds me of why I mostly don't miss my days as a PO. Icing on the cake is that I worked for an unarmed, social work oriented agency heavy on the hug-a-thug.

nursetim likes this.
  16. Yucca-Man

Yucca-Man

Saw this pop up conveniently recently:
    [​IMG]

17. pgg00

pgg00

If anyone here ever meets gordan graham please kick him in the nuts for the rest of us

1L26 and 628 like this.
  18. 1911Bug

1911Bug

All these posts on this thread are macabrely funny and more reason to appreciate the "challenges" our LE, EMT and ER peeps face daily. A big thanks here for keeping the vermin, the stupid and the foolish among us somewhat in check.

19. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

You bring up a group of folks that aren't usually included - but should be, in these types of discussions. The techs, nurses, docs, and security staff of any emergency room - especially those in an urban environment.

More often than not, those folks have stories just as good as anything that public safety can share. And, why shouldn't they? The ER is often a stop before jail...

20. Rusty Guns

Rusty Guns

You left out A group of very Dedicated people that have there own problems, and we depend on them sometimes, to have our backs. This is The Dispatchers, of All kinds. Who else has your back when you pull over a drunk at 2am eight miles from nowhere?