Comfort-Max Gel Pad

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Ralphumor, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

I searched for this and didn't find any post about this product. Sorry if I missed it. This product is made buy American Motorcycle Specialties and I saw it in my AMA magazine and online at WWW.amspecialtiesusa.com Does anyone have any knowledge or seat time on one of these? I was thinking it would be a great fathers day gift. I was also thinking it would come in handy for my planned SS1000 KY ride in April. One for me and one for dad in June. Anyway thanks for any info and I know if anyone is going to know the low down on this it would be yall! Thanks again!

2. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Have one one my 1986 Goldwing . I am NOT an ironbutt guy but 1000 mile day is not a problem On Rear end. Matter of fact everything but behind is wore out after a very long ride. EX. Eyes, Mental(from dodging deer and other hazards. I Recommended A Gel Pad as a Must Have.
    Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

3. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

4. codivecop

codivecop

i need to look into getting one. My 1K day was do-able and I feel I could have rode another 500-1000 the next day, but the two "hot-spots" probably would not have been as drastic with a pad.

5. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Of saying you had the Red ***** . I will use that in the future.
    " Hot Spots" I Love it. Only Time and Johnson's baby powder will put out that fire.:rofl: Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

7. codivecop

codivecop

It wasn't Monkey Butt, it was the butt bones and the pressure spots. I know the diff, I have suffered Monkey Butt before in the tropics. Not cool!

8. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Never used one of those but I did have a Saddlemans Xtra Large gel pad placed in my seat and love it. Here's the site I used. Printed it off and had an upholstery expert do the job. Took him about an hour. Done it while I waited.
    Where the stock seat and the mustang would bottom out, there's still bounce in my seat now. Feels great and looks stock. The problem with gel pads or air pads it that they raise you up an inch or so. You spend a lot of time and money getting your bike to fit you and then change everything, mirrors, reach to the bar and controls, even the center of gravity that you're use to. This way, everything stays the same except the comfort level which goes way up.
    Ride safe,
    Dano
    http://www.americanasoftseats.com/gelpads.htm