Comey to testify before Congress about Russia probe

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 30, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"James Comey to testify before Congress about Russia probe: What to know

Comey will likely face questions on the FBI's use of Christopher Steele's dossier

Former FBI director James Comey will make his long-awaited appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee Wednesday to answer questions regarding the FBI’s actions in the early stages of the Russia investigation.

Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., has spent months criticizing the bureau for inaccuracies and omissions in court filings used to obtain warrants to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and the FBI’s reliance on ex-British spy Christopher Steele’s dossier, which had been debunked by Steele’s own sub-source during an FBI interview.

Graham has speculated that the lower-level FBI employees who conducted the interview with the sub-source were not the only ones who knew that the sub-source said the information in the dossier was unreliable.

“We’re not going to let the system blame some low-level intel analyst or case agent for defrauding the court,” Graham told Fox News in June. “I believe it goes to the very top, and I’m going to get to the bottom of it and that means Sally Yates and [Rod] Rosenstein, and [Andrew] McCabe and Comey are all going to come before the committee and they’re going to be asked, ‘What did you know and when did you know it?’”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/james-comey-testify-congress-russia-probe-what-to-know "

2. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Of course Comey the clown knew! He was in on this. It’ll be interesting to watch him throw Brennan under the bus while Brennan will try to return the favor.
    No matter which of them loses, We Win!

IMHO

Ed

3. thewitt

thewitt

... and Lindsey Graham will go on the morning talk shows and shake his fist. Again.

FullClip likes this.
  4. BL33D 4 M3

BL33D 4 M3

Wake me up when someone gets arrested in a pre dawn swat raid on their home with coincidental news cameras rolling. Bracelets and perp walks not :chatter:.

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Comey says new information that Hillary Clinton drummed up Russia controversy to vilify Trump 'doesn’t ring a bell'

Chairman Lindsey Graham asked Comey about the newly declassified information released Tuesday

Former FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday said it didn’t “ring a bell” when asked whether he received an investigative referral on Hillary Clinton purportedly approving “a plan” attempting to tie President Donald Trump to Russia and distract from her email scandal before the 2016 election.

During his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, Chairman Lindsey Graham asked Comey about the newly declassified information released Tuesday by Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe.

According to the declassified information, in September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral on Clinton purportedly approving “a plan concerning U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian hackers hampering U.S. elections” in order to distract the public from her email scandal. That referral was sent to Comey and Deputy Assistant Director of Counterintelligence Peter Strzok.

“You don’t remember getting an investigatory lead from the intelligence community? Sept. 7, 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to James Comey and Strzok regarding Clinton’s approval of a plan [about] Trump…as a means of distraction?” Graham asked Comey Wednesday.

“That doesn’t ring any bells with me,” Comey replied.

“That’s a pretty stunning thing that it doesn’t ring a bell,” Graham fired back. “You get this inquiry from the intelligence community to look at the Clinton campaign trying to create a distraction, accusing Trump of being a Russian agent or a Russian stooge.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-hillary-clinton-trump-russia-probe "

7. thewitt

thewitt

They all get selective amnesia, and the Senate committee can do nothing about it.

Why would they have any fear of lying when the committee has no teeth?

8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

9. flyover

flyover

Many hours of, I don't recall, I plead the fifth, I have no recollection testimony?

cbetts1 and DonGlock26 like this.
  10. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Sen. Hawley does a great job here:

View: https://youtu.be/MqePHHw_2Yo

flyover likes this.
  11. Taz

Taz

Exactly. I’m tired of BS political theater.

12. DonGlock26

DonGlock26