Glock 24 Comes Homes

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glock 17L, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

I just came back from running around on this great Saturday Afternoon..
    Went to my favorite gun getting place & picked up The Glock 24..
    The gun was made in 2017, Was first sold to ESR Tactical from Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington in November 2017 for $575.00.. ESR closed their doors a few weeks ago & I missed the 50% off sale there..
    The G24 is a Gen 3 with Gen 4 10 round magazines + a 15 round G22 Gen 4 magazine.. It has very low miles on the inerds, hardly a mark on the barrel & the gold grease still existed in the slide..
    There are some blemishes in the slides finish but after giving the pistol a cleaning & a drink of CLP it seems darn near 99% not new but close.. Had lots of dust from sitting around too.
    Rear sight was bumped & I centered it back up with a tap from the dead blow hammer.
    It also wouldn't drop the slide after removing the empty mag & pulling back on the slide
    I replaced the slide stop lever with another new extended one & the problem vanished, Works like it should now.. Guess I was lucky to have that part I didn't use on my G26Gen4.
    I don't even own a 40 caliber round anywhere in my stash, Just 9mm, 38special. 357 magnum & 45acp + a few 7.62x39 + 12ga 22lr etc.
    It's too late today to score some ammo & well I don't really want to shop at Wal-Mart..
    Who knows the G24 could become my #1 home defense handgun & a Range Toy for sure.
    Glock 24 BFND067.JPG

gatorboy, DaBurna, utsteve77 and 3 others like this.
  2. domino1

domino1

3. DrewBone

DrewBone

Nice! About the only other Glock I'd remotely consider is the G24/24C model for conversion to 357sig. I have yet to come across either model for a reasonable price (though I did see a NIB G24 at the last gun show, but the dealer wanted a few of my body parts for it so I passed), but I have alot of patience ;)

Let us know how she runs!

4. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Congrats! A long slide to hold on to.

5. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

There's a G24 on Gunbroker now with 9mm, 357 & 40 extra barrels for $100ea if you buy the G24..
    Just google it up, It's still live & shouldn't give the link here..

6. Glockman4

Glockman4

I had a 24C that I picked up for $400. It was a 2004 gun I think. Didn’t keep it long, the only reason I bought it was because of the price and it looked cool. Had no need for it so I traded it toward my Sig 556.

7. DrewBone

DrewBone

Funny you mentioned that...was that the one with an option to buy an aftermarket frame also?

Glock 17L likes this.
  8. DrewBone

DrewBone

Wow, $400?! That was a pretty darn good price!

9. littletank

littletank

Congrats!!! Appears to be in great shape... G24's are rarely seen in the wild...

DaBurna likes this.
  10. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Yeah that's the one with the extra frame etc.
    I'd love to buy all three barrels from that cat.. Nice Setup!!

Found 200 40 S&W 165gr Winchester white box in old SIG/Hk rangebag
    I haven't had a 40 since the SIG P229 & P239 plus an Hk USPc357/40
    Been almost a decade or two since I had a 40 S&W pistol..

Range Report DUE ASAP = Next Week sometime I'm gonna take my Son & Brother to the range..

11. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

I just got back from Louisville KY & made it over there & back to the fairgrounds in 30 minutes, My Youngest Son went to the Bourbon & Beyond Concert tonight, Saw Robert Plant..
    Had the G24 on my hip for the ride..
    Just a bit more length & weight compared to the G26..

12. DaBurna

DaBurna

Yep... it’s always a great day when you get essentially a Glock Rifle! I was stoked to find my G24 to go along with my G17L... Glock limitedly runs these pistols like on a 2-year basis or something like that...

13. DrewBone

DrewBone

It was your post that rekindled my thoughts about the G24, and that's what caused me to pop into GunStroker (a rarity in itself thesedays) to see if any were being offered and sure enough there were, but as expected, the numbers were quite small in quantity...'not surprising considering what I consider to be their somewhat limited purpose. And that's ok, I seem to have this strange affinity towards such things, oh, and alot a patience ;)

Over the years I've managed to come across more than a few used handguns, some uncommon, at near bargain prices. Early next month I'll be attending a local show, and perhaps I run into a used example, or something that I've forgotten about!

I got a chuckle out of your range bag story; every once in a while I enjoy a similar experience and scratch my head saying to myself either "So that's where that went!" or "Oh no!" like I did just yesterday while cleaning up my garage workshop...I finally found the packets of English Lavender seeds that I'd mysteriously lost track of all summer, that I somehow let fall into an old frying pan in my garage that I'd used as a drip pan when I swapped out the bad right rear wheel caliper and bad rotor on my Dodge Nitro...they were completely soaked in brake fluid :(! Oh well, 'glad it wasn't ammo!

I ways enjoyed taking my son with me to the range when he was younger and I still lived out on Long Island...it's a great way of bonding. I hope you, your son and brother all have an enjoyable and safe day shooting! Looking forward to hearing about it.

:cheers:

Glock 17L likes this.
  14. DrewBone

DrewBone

'Certainly a nice way to spend half an hour!

"Just a bit more length & weight compared to the G26.."

The above made me LOL...now you're starting to sound like me (I love sarcasm) with my vain attempts at trying to find a suitable ankle holster for either of my two Desert Eagles - with their 10" barrels installed ;)

15. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Still trying to find the Glock Guru who bought this G24 from ESR Tactical in Clarksville & Later sold it to Cash America Pawn in Clarksville, The one across from the Green Tree Mall..
    Now they also have a $319 G42..
    I'm gonna get into trouble putting stuff on Lay-A-Way, I have a wedding ring set put away there too for the misses.
    The G26Gen4 can cover just about all carry needs, Last night when I went to Louisville I had the longslide on my hip full of 40 ball..

And yeah I can carry that pig too!!
    It doesn't work too well seated in the car though..
    The 1/2 hour trip should have taken an hour & a half, I did pay twice to cross the Lincoln bridge & made time like a bandit..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    DrewBone likes this.
  16. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

Well other than carrying the G24 that one afternoon it's just been sitting & waiting, I did find a couple hundred 165gr federal ball for range use in the stash..
    Now I'm starting to look around at barrels & magazines for the G24/G22

17. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Nice deal, my G-22 rubs when I sit anywhere, but that .40 goodness makes me happy.
    There is one at the local Police only shop that's having it's GLOCK Day celebration on wed the 2nd.
    We shall see if it comes home with me.
    Probably not, but you never know.

18. RJHUB

RJHUB

I always wanted a G17L but never seemed to run up on one.
    LGS had a G24 in the used case one day so I bit. I like .40cal too.
    Only Glock I shot the first time and continued hitting the bullseye at 10yds. I mean a tight group.
    I also bought a Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel, added a fiber optic front sight and now its
    a great range pistol. I need to get me a .357sig barrel and try that out.
    Has a different feel to it. The recoil impulse is smooth and kinda slow feeling.
    You will enjoy shooting. Congrats.

19. bac1023

bac1023

Very nice indeed

Congrats! :cool:

20. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 24 & 26

I know where a 17L has been sitting in a case for years now, Current value is $675..
    I will also note the 24s finish is what I would call scratched up in it's chalky like texture..
    Not pretty like the frying pan finish on my G26..
    Need to get some pictures of the G26 & G24 side by side..