close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Combat Pay Increase

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Biscuitsjam, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. Biscuitsjam

    Biscuitsjam

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2004
    Messages:
    1,002
    Likes Received:
    6
    Just saw something about it in the Army Times. Looks like it is increasing from $300 to $750 a month next month.

    That would be a nice Christmas present from congress.
     
  2. CombatMedic

    CombatMedic

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2005
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Balad by way or Ft Stewart
    Yeah we've read that to but our finance is denying it. We heard that they were initally gonna change it back in July but Rumsfield wouldnt sign the order. If it does go through though their's gonna be a lot of pissed off 3rd ID soldiers.
     

  3. BadLight

    BadLight Was that a tree

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2001
    Messages:
    164
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    The Ethernet, of course
    DAMN! all I got was $65 to dodge bullets! Bout time you guys got something worthwhile! (Frankly I'd double the 750 if it was up to me). Hey I'd take a 95% interest deduction on my house loan tax write off if the remaining 5% went straight to the soldiers. Yea! I'give 5%!
     
  4. fnfalman

    fnfalman Chicks Dig It

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2000
    Messages:
    53,665
    Likes Received:
    6,936
    Location:
    California & New Mexico, US
    Damn!!! I only got $150 back in the days.

    What the hell, all those money spending on contractors should be spent on the GIs.
     
  5. CombatMedic

    CombatMedic

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2005
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Balad by way or Ft Stewart
    Well..I just got my January LES and guess what...No combat pay increase. My last day in a combat Zone was January 5th so I will see combat pay for the entire month of January. Oh bye the way. Homecoming was great and I'm still in a daze.
     
  6. DriBak

    DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 1999
    Messages:
    5,961
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    West Texas
    I only got 110.00 but also only made 990.00 pr tax as an E-4
     
  7. Show Killer

    Show Killer Boost Junkie !!

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2004
    Messages:
    68
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wow! Good for them.

    I was in Desert Shield/Storm and I think my hazardous duty pay was $150/month. Iirc we also got $110/month for seperation pay. I've heard that seperation pay is up to $250 or $300 a month now.
     
  8. Glolt20-91

    Glolt20-91

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Messages:
    4,106
    Likes Received:
    195
    Location:
    Arizona Territory
    In Viet Nam I was E-4; $206/mo plus $55/mo combat pay. No amount of money will ever erase the memories.

    Adios,
    Bob
     
  9. Linh40

    Linh40 Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2005
    Messages:
    381
    Likes Received:
    1
    +1

    Remember they had in writing stating that if you were deployed for more then (I think it was 180 days then they changed it to 365) you would get an extra $100 per day (Then they changed it to $1000 a month)

    I realized no one joined for the money but if America has money to pay some guy 80k+ tax free to do the same job a young Soldier/Marine does for 20k, that just pisses me off that some military family are dirt poor. I'm single so I won't know how much money a family need but a while back I heard that they had military families on food stamps.

    So back to the bonus. I think they should pay everyone that got extended more money then raise the bonus for everyone else, shouldn't be no big deal since they are already paying american cooks 80k+ to watch someone else cook.