close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Combat Pay Increase

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by Biscuitsjam, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Just saw something about it in the Army Times. Looks like it is increasing from $300 to $750 a month next month.

That would be a nice Christmas present from congress.

2. CombatMedic

CombatMedic

Yeah we've read that to but our finance is denying it. We heard that they were initally gonna change it back in July but Rumsfield wouldnt sign the order. If it does go through though their's gonna be a lot of pissed off 3rd ID soldiers.

3. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

DAMN! all I got was $65 to dodge bullets! Bout time you guys got something worthwhile! (Frankly I'd double the 750 if it was up to me). Hey I'd take a 95% interest deduction on my house loan tax write off if the remaining 5% went straight to the soldiers. Yea! I'give 5%!

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Damn!!! I only got $150 back in the days.

What the hell, all those money spending on contractors should be spent on the GIs.

5. CombatMedic

CombatMedic

Well..I just got my January LES and guess what...No combat pay increase. My last day in a combat Zone was January 5th so I will see combat pay for the entire month of January. Oh bye the way. Homecoming was great and I'm still in a daze.

6. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

I only got 110.00 but also only made 990.00 pr tax as an E-4

7. Show Killer

Show Killer Boost Junkie !!

Wow! Good for them.

I was in Desert Shield/Storm and I think my hazardous duty pay was $150/month. Iirc we also got $110/month for seperation pay. I've heard that seperation pay is up to $250 or $300 a month now.

8. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

In Viet Nam I was E-4; $206/mo plus $55/mo combat pay. No amount of money will ever erase the memories.

Adios,
    Bob

9. Linh40

Linh40 Member

+1

Remember they had in writing stating that if you were deployed for more then (I think it was 180 days then they changed it to 365) you would get an extra $100 per day (Then they changed it to $1000 a month)

I realized no one joined for the money but if America has money to pay some guy 80k+ tax free to do the same job a young Soldier/Marine does for 20k, that just pisses me off that some military family are dirt poor. I'm single so I won't know how much money a family need but a while back I heard that they had military families on food stamps.

So back to the bonus. I think they should pay everyone that got extended more money then raise the bonus for everyone else, shouldn't be no big deal since they are already paying american cooks 80k+ to watch someone else cook.