close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Combat Pawn....did any1 see it last night?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bocaboca, Jul 16, 2012.

1. bocaboca

bocaboca

I missed the reality show Combat Pawn (first show of the series) last night on Tru TV. It was on at 10:30 pm. did anyone get to see it?
    Its about a pawn shop that deals exclusively with weapons.

any critics out there?

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Didn't see it, nor have I heard of it. I'm getting to the point of hating "reality" shows, although that one sounds interesting at least.

ETA: It will be back on tonight at 10:30pm. I may give it a chance if I remember.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/combat-pawn/index.html

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

I'll check it out, but I have little faith in trutv.

4. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

I tivo'd it. Hopefully I'll get to watch it in the next couple of days. I also hope we don't see any sales of "custom" M&P handguns for $1,700, or a "tacti-cooled" 870 for a bazillion dollars.

5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

***SPOILER ALERT***
    I was curious about it and started watching it...DON'T

It starts off with these guys in full tacticool gear as they are clearing the parking lot before they open the store, because the threat that someone will rob them is real.

A girl in mini shorts and small top comes in to sell a double barrel shotgun what has a bulge near the top of the barrel. When the guy points it out and says it will affect the cost because they will have cut it down, she gets hostile and starts cussing at him and telling him to get the owner. He of course cusses her back and tells her to get out (sounds like Hardcore Pawn).

A customer comes in, in a wheelchair and wants a long range rifle. They are going to modify it so he can use it in the wheelchair. All they do is put a scope and bipod on it and then test it on the range. It looks like the target is about 25 yds away (maybe) and these two guys (gun smith and former spec ops guy) each shoot it and are all over the target.

I turned it off at that point. I still DVR'ed it, but I doubt I will ever watch it again.

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

I watched it,we'll see.They are all ex military,some disabled and some arrogant.Maybe it'll do well.'08. :dunno:

7. boomhower

boomhower

It was bad, real bad. It just reeked of bad acting.(I know it's a reality show, that's my point.). I absolutely refuse to believe its not staged. The place is only around forty minutes up the road from me. Never been there and certainly have no motive to now. I knew it was going to be bad when they cleared the damn parking lot like a swat team.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

8. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

See, now you have to go, so you can give us a first hand report! :wavey:

9. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

So how is a hunting rifle for a wheel chair bound man and a chick with a shotgun with a screwed up barrel considered "Combat" and Military Grade Weapons?

10. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

This recent turn by television producers in targeting gun enthusiasts strikes me as being hugely disingenuous. It panders to 2A types with lots of hardware, lots of vernacular and jargon, and an enormously disproportionate number of females that are usually not present in such doings, and most likely dressed in something revealing.

I get the deal with "Reality TV", and can say that I'm really not liking it. Forget for a minute that these same producers are attempting to fool me into believing that some young lady is shooting a half inch Deagle when it's clearly a Baretta 90 series... never mind the turmoil and conflict that's generated between assorted personalities which is clearly manufactured, or the inclusion of pyrotechnics that seem to abound during function testing of anything that goes "bang". I'm even willing to forgive the absolutely inevitable "OK, here we go in 3... 2... 1... FIRE!!" that gets said every single time something is shot.

And I've long since given up on Top Shot; that grinning twit Colby, with his hands always on his hips, wouldn't last one damp night in my deer woods. What gets me is that this kind of "entertainment" is akin to voyeurism, but it's also completely manufactured. So not only is it tawdry and salacious, it's artificial besides, using the same recurring themes and personality templates.

Granted, I don't look for great levels of mental stimulation from television... I thoroughly enjoy Big Bang Theory. But don't hit me with so much eye candy and attempt to package it as even remotely real. TV like that is the dietary equivalent of chocolate covered cotton. It's indigestible, no matter how good it tastes.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

So, they don't have a hot chick working the counter while wearing skimpy outfits?

American Guns still wins!!!

12. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Be careful what you ask for. :supergrin:

:goodpost: and funny. And right on target about reality shows in general.

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

It's worth a shot.

(pun intended)

:supergrin:

14. bocaboca

bocaboca

I'm going to get a big bowl of chocolate covered cotton...and a few cold drinks, sit down and let the show take me away to another dimension............at least for a minute or two.

15. RCP

RCP

Saw it, it was pretty dumb.

16. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Is it a pawn shop or a gun shop? Because if they only deal in guns, wouldn't that just be a gun shop? Guess Combat Guns just sounds like a dumb name with all the other Pawn shows being so popular.

17. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

It's a "reality" show there knothead, it's supposed to be staged. All reality shows are re-enactments......all of 'em. They are said to be re-enactments of things that really happened at some time, but one can believe that or not me thinks.

The folks are not supposed to be actors, as none are supposed to be in any reality show, but they are supposed to be what ya see. So what if they're bad at something they aren't?

IMO....any "reality" show is beyond my butt probe.

18. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Yep, reality shows get multiple takes to show what's really happening. I have been in the background of Extreme Home Makeover and another show for Travel Channel.

19. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

I watched it. The jury is still out. It's a gun shop that takes guns on pawn in addition to buying and selling. I think the "combat" part is the producers trying to tie into nearby FT Bragg with it's Spec Ops and Airborne forces.

Folks over at NCGunOwers.com that have been in the store say the staff is friendly and knowledgeable but their prices are sky high. The co-located range is nice and economical to use.

20. racerford

racerford

I never really thought of Extreme Home Makeover as reality TV in the sense of most of the others. I think of it a more of an advertising platform for construction/home improvement vendors. It also does some good for the selected families. I don't generally watch, but there is much worse reality TV. At least I am not embarassed to watch it because the subjects do such embarassing things that I feel shame for even watching those worthless people.