Colt Snubbie...

959 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  silversport 
#1 ·
Just showing off. :wavey:

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
#14 ·
That's crazy price!!!
I know right. I saw the price and just said, "I will take it." The guy at the shop knows me very well and said, "don't you want to check it out?" Nope. I figured it was a deal even if it was loose and had timing problems. Believe it or not, it is the tightest Colt I have ever owned. The oil in the gun was sludged up from age. A good cleaning and it is like new mechanically. There is quite a bit of holster wear on the frame. Defiantly not collector quality but a very nice gun. I didn't even know it was the same year as me at the time. That just solidified it as a keeper

#16 ·
Nice gun and an excellent price. You did good.

The local gun store has one that's not as nice as yours and they want $475, and they will get it.

For years I never bought a Colt because they always cost at least $100 more than a S&W.

A few months ago a individual had this like new Cobra at a gun show. I almost didn't ask about it because I knew it would cost at least $500. When the owner said $350 I couldn't get the money out fast enough.:)

Since then I bought another very nice Cobra, but this one did cost $500.

#17 ·
My Cobra (1972) was practically new (easily 98%) and I paid $480 for it. The 1964 Detective Special with the funky plastic grip - I bought it for $400 because of holster wear & non-stock grips. That plastic grip may be FUGLY but it fits my hands well and conceals not too badly. However, my baby needs new shoes and them shoes gotta be wooden clogs.

#19 · (Edited)
I paid $500 for mine and was happy to get it for that...appears to be unfired and as new but no box or papers...

Enjoy yours...I stoke mine with Federal Nyclad 125GR hollow points in standard velocity...(despite the pictured Winchesters)

Bill

#20 ·
The lightweight snubbies (Cobra and Agent) are light, but they definitely make your hands smart a bit even with standard load.

I find the extra couple of ounces on the Detective Special made a big difference in shooting fun.

It's time for a Colt snubbie flower!!!

#21 ·
The gun store has a very nice Det SP for just under $500. The gun is about 95%. It belonged to a local (very good) gunsmith. The nicest, tightest revolver action I have ever felt. You may have talked me into it.:supergrin:
sometimes that is all it takes...I didn't even like the old style D frames but I had just watched "The Detective" (great movie with Frank Sinatra and Jack Klugman) and when I saw this at the local Gander...and it had been for sale over a year (they wanted $850)...I told them "No one even knows what a Colt snub IS anymore)...a bit of haggling back and forth and they finally said...how about $500...SOLD...

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.