Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
flyshooter
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD Series 70 Colt Commander 9mm and 38 super. Custom work on both barrels, each have own fitted barrel bushing. (Just swap the barrel...same ejector and extractor for both calibers!) McCormick trigger with a nice break, Novak sights, stippled front and rear, nice finish. I have the original Colt cardboard box and manual. Magazines shown are Colt but I think I have a few more non-Colt 9mm mags that I'll throw in. $1,000 If you want more details or more pictures just let me know! Arizona FTF preferred.

·
flyshooter
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The work was done by Mark Graham of Arizona Response Systems. I supplied the McCormick Trigger, the ambi safety, the beavertail. He accurized each barrel and fitted each bushing in the process. He did the stippling and the beautiful finish. Blue on top and the frame is a dark gray.

·
Registered
299 Posts
When I saw this gun and the work already done to it I said "Wow!" I wish I had seen this before I spent all the time & $$ on building and tuning my CCF steel framed G17, my "homemade" G34 and the .38 Super 1911 I am tinkering with. Well, not really because I learned a lot more about Glocks in the processes. I hope I can tune my own 1911 to reliably and accurately shoot both 38/9mm.

After seeing your Colt Series 70 I can, like Jimmy Carter once did, say, " I lusted in my heart."

Good luck on the sale

Craig Harrington

·
flyshooter
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, she's a beauty. It started out as a box stock nickel Commander. I picked it up many moons ago for $400. It sat in my safe until 10 years ago when I decided to build a 1911 for my kids to grow up with. I put about $700 in it to make it what it is today. The kids learned the manual of arms of the 1911 but both gravitated to the GLOCK and that's where they are today. The reason I'm selling is I'm going to put the cash into an AR project. It runs good. I've been looking over at Gunbroker.com and the prices for the stock versions of this gun are off the chart!!! Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ken,

Sorry, I have to pass on your Colt 'cause now I am comitted to making my .38Super a dual caliber pistol too. However, the price for your pistol is more than fair. I've looked around and there isn't anything similar near your price, especially with Colt moniker, much less the custom work.

Darn it! My wife says I can buy any gun(s) I want if I sell my '68 IH V8 Scout 4x4. I need to get off my butt and sell this thing so I have some crazy cash for deals like yours.

Again, good luck.

Craig in Tennessee

·
flyshooter
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTT...one more time and then we're heading to gunbroker.com

Seattle is cooler than Phoenix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts