close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Colt Anaconda with bead blasted finish

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Marc1956, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

I'm looking for information about my Colt Anaconda .44 magnum. Manufactured in 1997, the pistol sports the, apparently rare, bead blasted finish. Really nice matte look, but I would like to find out more if possible. Such as production numbers, was it done in the Colt Custom shop, etc. The action on the pistol is slick as grease which makes me wonder about any Custom shop work. Any guidance or info that you may have will be greatly appreciated. I cannot seem to locate an Anaconda forum but maybe I can look up some Colt Firearm forums and see what I can learn. My experience has taught me that this very GT forum may give me all the answers I need! Thanks, ya'll! :supergrin: :wavey:

2. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

Anybody home? Anybody help?

3. syr74

syr74

Sweet, sweet revolver there. I'm partial to Colt and have been for years so I'm glad to help, but I'm not an expert by any means so it wont be much.

To the best of my understanding bead blasted Anaconda's were a one year only offering (1997), they were a Custom Shop offering (frankly, most anything remotely 'non-standard' is typically a custom shop piece at Colt), and there should be a B in the model number. I don't know what production numbers might have been, but supposedly that finish is genuinely very, very rare on this gun.

As an fyi, a BB Anaconda sold on Gunbroker for $1100.00 recently, and I'm guessing the purchaser got a pretty good deal.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

Well, syr74, for a "two poster" you brought some good stuff! I called Colt and spoke with a customer service fellow who did verify the my serial number is a bead blasted revolver. I didn't inquire as to production numbers but I think you are quite correct that it may be one of the most rare finishes on an Anaconda. Mine is not new, but in very nice condition. Locks up nice and the gap between the cylinder and the barrel is very tight. Not that I know, but I'm guessing less than 200 rounds through it. Thanks for your input and I'm going to go and determine a price to offer it at. Thanks! :wavey:

5. syr74

syr74

Glad to help.

6. Marc1956

Marc1956 CLM #66

Anyone else have any info? Just curious! :wavey: