Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she came home, I put 50 round through her today. This is a really nice gun! :wavey:

I think from what I have been reading that it will need to be serviced in a thousand rounds or so(starting to have a little play) Has the original Colt medallion pachmyers. Only thing I couldn't get clean was the Cylinder face....

I'm guessing 1990'ish production SN#MM10XXXX

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean it has a little play?
By "little play" it has zero back to front, and rotationally less than the thickness of a CC. but not "welded to the frame" as described on some colt inspection websites. And the timing is probably a hair off, I can see just a sliver of cylinder in each of the six positions, that sliver being from tip to tip a little less than 1/3 of the circle.

· Registered
544 Posts
By "little play" it has zero back to front, and rotationally less than the thickness of a CC. but not "welded to the frame" as described on some colt inspection websites. And the timing is probably a hair off, I can see just a sliver of cylinder in each of the six positions, that sliver being from tip to tip a little less than 1/3 of the circle.
You might have a slight issue, but the King Cobra and the Anaconda do not lock up like the Official Police and Pythons. The V frames are complete new guns from the old Colt Revolvers and are more Smith like. If you notice the cyl. bolt is more in the middle of the frame window instead of the right side as in an old Colt.

So if you cock it, lower the hammer and still keep the trigger back, you should get a little play, like a Smith.

· Registered
923 Posts
Very nice Anacona. I clean the face of the cylinders on my stainless guns with a lead remover cloth and it works great. Do not use them on blued guns as they will hurt the blueing.

I picked this one up about 3 years ago and it is a keeper too! I have since got a correct pair of Pachmayr/Colt grips and a set of factory wood grips for it.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! :supergrin: I would NOT shoot that gun, the value is only going to go up.
Not why I buy guns man, was shot when I got it, It's gonna get shot, a lot.

You might have a slight issue, but the King Cobra and the Anaconda do not lock up like the Official Police and Pythons. The V frames are complete new guns from the old Colt Revolvers and are more Smith like. If you notice the cyl. bolt is more in the middle of the frame window instead of the right side as in an old Colt.

So if you cock it, lower the hammer and still keep the trigger back, you should get a little play, like a Smith.
Thanks, but like I said it ain't much, so I'm gonna shoot it, and have it checked by qualified eyes some time later.

· Banned
18,886 Posts
Well she came home, I put 50 round through her today. This is a really nice gun! :wavey:

I think from what I have been reading that it will need to be serviced in a thousand rounds or so(starting to have a little play) Has the original Colt medallion pachmyers. Only thing I couldn't get clean was the Cylinder face....

I'm guessing 1990'ish production SN#MM10XXXX
Congrats! Great looking gun.

· Banned
18,886 Posts
Very nice Anacona. I clean the face of the cylinders on my stainless guns with a lead remover cloth and it works great. Do not use them on blued guns as they will hurt the blueing.

I picked this one up about 3 years ago and it is a keeper too! I have since got a correct pair of Pachmayr/Colt grips and a set of factory wood grips for it.

Very nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.