close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Colt 1991DA?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by GVFlyer, Apr 3, 2012.

1. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

I just saw that Colt has brought out a double action only version of the 1991 that kinda looks like a 1903. I sorta like it from a uniqueness point of view. Does anyone know what the trigger is like on this gun?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Is it bad that I like the look? If the trigger is revolver smooth, or close to it, It could be a great gaming gun.

3. TTM65

TTM65

I have a couple of 1911 DAO frames from the 70's era. I have thought about building them but something always gets in the way. This appears to be the old one with a little new life breathed into it.

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Seems to me that they're taking one of the 1911's biggest strengths and tossing it right out the window.

:dunno:

5. jb1911

jb1911

Yeah, this pistol is not only ugly, it needs a really nice single action trigger.:whistling:

6. MD357

MD357

Personally, I believe if you can't carry/operate a normal 1911 safely then you aren't experienced enough to own one. At least it's better than a Para......

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Liberty or Death

Sorry, not a fan, just doesn't look right. I'm sure someone will buy it though.:dunno:

8. ca survivor

ca survivor

no grip safety.........and don't see a MSH.

9. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

I'm on the fence about it. One hand, I don't really like the look. That trigger looks more Hi-power than 1911, the grips look like poop. The lack of safeties is cool, because I like to just draw and pull like a glock, but it's gotta have that trigger like my glock. Almost no effort for the take-up, then the trigger is short, and crisp, with minimal reset, to that same short, crisp trigger again. I don't want to say they're solving a problem that doesn't exist, but, it's darn near. Although, I don't think the 1903 pattern came in 45ACP? Maybe that's the advantage.

10. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Liberty or Death

I think if they'd have kept the hammer and thumb safety on it and made it DA/SA so you'd have the option of DA or Cocked n' Locked it would have been a better choice. Being DAO in a world that's filled with DAO's already isn't a good idea IMHO.

11. bullgator

bullgator

The grips look like they might fit the Colt Series 90 Double Eagle. Not sure about the right side of this model which has a lot of exterior trigger actuation hardware. I have a stainless Double Eagle .45 acp that I acquired in the early 90s that was and is a good shooter. I have not fired this Colt since the early 90s and wonder why Colt would not bring it back as opposed to some new and different.