close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Colorado Springs Glockers

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by djinco, Nov 9, 2004.

1. djinco

djinco

Any good Glock shoots scheduled in the next few months? I have not been able to find a suitable place to shoot.... any suggestions?

I used to shoot in Ramah (BLGC), but that got old.

Really would like to see a Glock shoot come here, but we are really lacking on facilities.

Someplace to shoot without the anal qualities of IPSC... kind of a SASS shoot with Glocks?

2. rtr

rtr Glockaholic

Not sure exactly what you want. There is a GSSF match every August at at the Weld County range. There are plendy of IPSC and IDPA matches around, also 3 gun, there are also some SASS clubs. See: www.ecouspsa.com

If your looking for formal handgun competition the most frequent matches are IPSC and IDPA. Perhaps you can explain what you mean by "Someplace to shoot without the anal qualities of IPSC"

3. djinco

djinco

What I meant was that unless it has changed, IPSC rules state that you must have a hammered gun. No Glocks allowed.

I was hoping that I could find a group that has fun at a shoot like SASS (No target is too big to miss!) but realizes that not all guns are 1911's or highly modified race guns. I am still looking, but I think that IDPA has a stock category that means stock.

Even SASS is getting a bit carried away with "internal" modifications.

I know that GSSF has the annual shoot at Weld County, but I really try to stay south of Palmer Divide in Colorado. Way too many anti-gun folks who are escaping from the Peoples Republic of Boulder, and infringing on my 2nd amendment rights. I was born in Boulder (because it was the closest hospital) and grew up in Jefferson County but after 45 years you wouldn't believe it is the same place.

So I stay away from Metro Denver and points North.

I really just want to shoot and have fun. Some folks just take competitive sports to extreme. I don't.

4. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

We shoot IPSC, IDPA, and 3-Gun just about every weekend just south of the Springs.

IPSC has a new division desiged around glocks and other "carry" type guns. Carry holsters and 10 round mags. Its called Production Division. Allowed mods are mimimal.

We were snowed/mudded out today, but plan on shooting all scheduled matches. Contact me offline for more details.

I have tried to get GSSF to put on matches at Pueblo, but there is a lot more to it than just telling Glock Inc you want to host a match.

Tom Freeman
    Pres, Pueblo Practical

p.s. Who told you that you had to have a hammered gun to shoot IPSC/USPSA? Rumors like that piss me off to no end.

5. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

Yea, you can definitly shoot glocks in IPSC/USPSA. I shoot a G22 in limited, a few people even shoot open glocks. There are ALOT of limited and production class glocks out there. Go ahead and try it out!!

6. djinco

djinco

Thanks. I was misinformed by someone who was uninformed but thought he was all knowing.

I'll e-mail.

7. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

Happens a lot...

I've shot a Glock in "IPSC" (actually USPSA) since 1990. Tom Freeman is a great guy in many respects and will get you to the right places.

8. kevinpagano

kevinpagano

I shoot a uspsa or idpa match at least once a month from Aurora to BLGC and down to pueblo. A bunch of great guys that shoot Glocks in the area. I shoot a G17 for everything and am located here in the springs. Where you from anyway? send me an email and maybe we can hook up.

Kevin