Colorado House passed gun control measures

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nemesis., Feb 18, 2013.

1. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Remember, Colorado is the new DC when the hammer falls. This is step one, of several, that will turn the whole state into a land of no firearms owned by the people.

You have to study what is going UNDER Colorado, to figure out what is going ON in Colorado.

2. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

3. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

Do it state by state and it's a piece at a time. This is THE PLAN. Nice and easy, watch what I do to you with this hand while the other you do not notice does the real nasty to ya.

4. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

the Californians finally ruined Colorado.

damnable shame. anything else i would say would be a violation of the TOS. guess Ol' Teddy R. was right- "Colorado bankrupts the English Language."

5. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I need to find a video when i am at a computer. I watched a lot of the hb1224 "debate". The last person to speak was fields. She slipped something in. She said this was "incremental" gun control and more and more bills will be introduced.

If you guys can fin the video the 10 minutes the DEMS actually told you their play book. She said this is just the start.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Yetispeaks

Yetispeaks

I also watched the hearings today, she (Fields) repeatedly said these are the first of many to come.

7. NIB

NIB

This is what happens when you stay home on election night because you don't think the Republican candidate is conservative enough for your vote.

8. Hyena

Hyena

Well this is sad. But hopeful magpul knows Texas will welcome them with open arms.

9. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Texas is predicted to be DemoRat by 2016 due to illegal immigrants & the Latino birth rate.

Instead of moving people need to start a grassroots movement to vote these Leftist loons out of office!! Draw a line in the sand as one can't merely keep fleeing from state to state as soon there will be no more.

10. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

For the win.

:perfect10:

11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Actually YOUR Governor was born in Pennsylvania. As long as collective guilt is being thrown about YOU must have voted for Hickenlooper, Obama and YOUR Democrat state majorities. You sound like whiney liberals assigning blame to everyone but your fellow Coloradans. After all no TRUE Coloradan would ever vote for BO, Hickenlooper and all the other (D)s that stuck it to you. :upeyes:

Those of you in Colorado who are not finger pointing whiners have my sincere condolences on this bs.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  12. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Step back.

First you need to look at WHY we have Hickenlooper.

He won 50.7% of the vote but he didnt even run a campaign. Basically two republicans ran against each other. The Republican Candidate Maes got 11.1% of the vote. His challenger, Tom Tancredo got 36.8% Essentially in-fighting in the Republican party (Tancredo left the party and ran as an Independent or other minor party) gave the Governorship to the Dems.

Next, redistricting came in 2010. The Repubs drew the map as allowed by law however a liberal judge didnt agree that that it was competitive enough (i.e. it favored the republican make-up of the state) and the JUDGE said the Democrat redistricting is what was implemented.

Finally, if you live in the late 90s in CO you would understand why there is resentment towards californians. They move en masse to CO and drove house prices (not values) sky high. When I bought my house, I had to get in a lottery to have a house built. The builder was raising prices 3 to 5% PER MONTH. When you are on the lottery list, you buy. People from CA came in after selling property in CA and drove prices higher.

Also, demographics all over the Southwest are changing. There is a large influx of foreign poverty. This demographic, as shown nationwide is voting (how exactly I dont know) to allow amnesty for illegal immigrants and any type of wealth transfer to this group.

The final piece of the picture, that Republicans, nationwide made the news this election cycle. They looked like complete morons when they say when women are raped its god's will. Nationwide the Republicans this cycle looked the party of loons. Even Romney, no matter how true, shouldn't have made the 47% comment. That probably cost the Republicans the election.

Whether we (republicans) like it or not, we need to evaluate some positions or we will keep losing. Like it or not, the Hispanic population is growing at a faster rate than any other. Ignore this at our peril. You have seen what it has done in many southwest states.

13. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

No we wouldn't.

Kick everyone out that is not at least a 2nd generation native born and it will get back to normal..:whistling:

14. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

So let me get this straight, some of you are blaming California for bills in Colorado?

That many people moved from California to Colorado?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  15. blackjack

blackjack

You are right on target -- been saying the same thing since Election Day.

:steamed::steamed:

16. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

+1!!!!

I'm wondering how many people griping went to the polls in November, or better yet, how many "pro gun Democrats" went to the polls and pulled the lever for their party because "they aren't interested in gun control"

IGF

17. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I am wondering if the CO legislature has overstepped their bounds based upon the commerce clause?

EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THIS SECTION, ON AND AFTER JULY 1,2013, A PERSON WHO SELLS, TRANSFERS, OR POSSESSES A LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINE COMMITS A CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR

Notice that I cannot SELL or TRANSFER a magazine to say someone in Kansas or Texas. They have said I am no longer allowed to engage in interstate commerce and I am not sure that the Colorado legislature is allowed to restrict residents from engaging interstate commerce. Interstate commerce is the prevue of the Federal Govt.

18. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I voted and I can say that I did not vote for a Democrat. In fact, where I live in CO we are overwhelmingly republican and our House member spoke against all the gun bans yesterday (I watched her). And I personally talked to her BEFORE I voted for her.

19. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

DanaT we have disagreed in the past and probably will again. That does not mean I want you to have to put up with the crap we have in CA because you are not creating the problem by voting (D) and being puzzled at the result.

I do figure however that bear62, NecoDude and tadbart should just sit back and relax as the same collective guilt broad brush that they like to apply gets applied to them as well. CO went for BO ergo they went for BO.

Checking the 20 member (D) majority in the CO Senate 8 were definitely born in Co, 2 graduated HS in CO birthplace undetermined, 2 from Chicago, 2 from Kansas, 1 St Louis Mo, 1 Baltimore MD, 1 Oregon, 1 Greece, 1 NYC and Lucia Guzman undetermined. Of course their origins don't matter because just the fact that they are in office must mean that NecoDude, tadbart and bear62 voted for them according to the broad brush interpretation.

I hope you can reverse this merde. Until such a time Coloradans that like to apply the broad brush have just painted themselves.

Yeah it is my fault for having been born in the PRK.

20. BassCatcher

BassCatcher

I have to admit I was at first shocked to hear this happened in Colorado, a mid-western state until I thought more about it. Didn't you guys legalize marijuana recently? Maybe that was a sign of things to come.

Spot on. If the same number of republicans who voted for McCain had showed up and voted for Romney things would be quite different now.