close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Colorado Big Game Hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Hummer, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

I am curious who here hunts in Colorado, what species and in what areas? Also, I'm curious if you apply for limited licenses in other states? Just a reminder, applications are due April 4th for the 2006 Colorado seasons.

Today I finished my big game limited license applications online for elk, deer, bear, antelope, and moose. This is the ninth year I've applied for a moose license and even though moose populations continue to grow I doubt I'll ever draw a license here. License fees took a jump this year, the five licenses cost $415 total, about $99 more than last year, but still a bargain. It really is a privilege to be able to successfully hunt deer and elk every year on public land for little more than the cost of license, gas and food.

My buddy, Oak, is positively possessed as a hunter, pursuing deer, elk and antelope in both Colorado and Wyoming. Below is his monster 6x6 2005 bull elk from northwest Colorado. Also, pics of my 2005 cow elk and antelope hunts. Application time gets me all excited about hunting, so I thought I'd spread it around a little. Cheers!

Hummer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. groundhawg

groundhawg

ive bowhunted gunnison in an OTC area near paonia a couple times. im 50% success rate and would have been 100% had i been ready when the cow walked by. not too bad for a stickbow using flatlander from ohio. im pretty happy with the area ive been hunting and plan on going back this year.
    my buddy put us in for mulies in new mex. and im going to start applying for mulies in colorado. friend of a friend knows of an area thats rough but has lots of critters in colorado. apparently its a comparatively easy draw because of the altitude and rough country.
    :)