Colonial Shooting Academy Virginia Beach

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by ottobon100, Jul 7, 2014.

1. ottobon100

ottobon100

Been there three times since they opened and became a member. If you haven't been there yet I would suggest you check it out. I did shoot at Camp Allen since I am retired military but since the fire there and their closing temporarily I have tried several other places and this place is first class. Great people, a very nice facility, great shooting bays, and climate controlled. Very nice in our summer and winter weather. Also, closer than Camp Allen but it is more expensive. Just wanted to give them a plug because I think they deserve it. You be your own judge.

2. crzn01

crzn01 G23 Gen 4 (32)

Thanks, I'll try it out over the weekend........

3. bluedog20175

bluedog20175

I v
    I visited the Colonial Shooting Academy in Richmond a couple of months ago and was really impressed with the range and pro shop. Good staff and great selection of firearms, as well as training space .

4. Slugo

Slugo

I joined this Summer. One of the largest indoor ranges in the Country. It's a 5-star facility. Highly recommended.

5. ottobon100

ottobon100

Now called "Freedom Shooting Center" in Virginia Beach reopened yesterday (May 18th)! Weekend prior to opening was for members only by appointment. I was there and it was busy. Great place.

Slugo likes this.
  6. redrick

redrick

I have shot at Colonial in Richmond and I agree , it is a top notch indoor shooting range .

I was just checking out the reloading supplies and the owner came up to me and introduced himself . He told me what gave him the idea of opening the range . He told me that he was on vacation in Arizona with his wife and one day while she was off shopping , he visited Gun Site and that is what gave him the idea .

He is a heck of a nice person and runs a heck of a nice shooting range , with good employees .

I was shooting my reloads and I asked the range officer if I could pick up my brass and he said yes and then asked me what kind of brass I wanted . I told him that I would take any . So he just pushed all the brass to me as we shot .

ottobon100 likes this.
  7. Slugo

Slugo

We should meet up someday. Freedom is only 10 minutes from me!

ottobon100 likes this.