close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

College

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Allegra

Allegra

If your to go into business after graduation, what course should yuo take up?
    What school ang maganda?
    Thanks

2. ahtsay

ahtsay

For me it depends on what business you are going to pursue. I mean if you're going to start an IT company, then maybe your college course should be related to that. On the other hand, I think college is an opportunity for the individual to explore his/her interests rather than a tool for financial freedom....unless of course his interest is money...then I suggest he takes up finance. :supergrin: Ask Antediluvianist, he just scoffs at businesses making 17% net profit after taxes. Rumor has it that he can double up every 2 years :thumbsup: .

3. Allegra

Allegra

Interest in money? Ako yun! :)

It's for my daughter who's in highschool
    No specific business in mind yet but Finance sounds good
    What school?

My family's educational backgruond is in the sciences kaya I know nothing about business school

:)

4. jasonub

jasonub

my background is dlsu bs mech eng and after dlsu mba. I remeber i like cross enrolling sa business and sciences for similar subjects, dami chiks kasi. hehehe.

I hear ok ang business school ng DLSU(dami chiks

5. G19cPH

G19cPH

6. kristiansen

kristiansen Birdwatcher

ATENEO! management or management engineering.though am sure there are also many,many good schools out there.;) www.admu.edu.ph

7. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

For starters, take up BSBA. Dami majors to choose from: Management, Economics, Marketing, Finance and Investment, Entrepreneurship, and HRD. I took the home-study program at I/AME (its a business school in Makati) and malapit na ako mag-grad :). 3 years to finnish the bachelors degree and sobra luwag ng sched ko I can work/do business/play around all at the same time. I think DLSU and other universities also have the same program.

8. Astra22

Astra22

whats the interest of your daughter?

Ask her to take entrance exams to various reputable schools. Her exam results will help in guiding you towards which discipline is suited to her.

For business schools, you can choose among DLSU, ADMU, UP. It's a plus if you pick DLSU since most of the taipan's and tycoon's kids are more often than not sent to study here. That means connections...

just my 2 cents. Goodluck

9. revo

revo

In my humble opinion, you would need an MBA.

How much can you pay ?

10. revo

revo

Oops...sorry I didn't read further that your daughter was in High School.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  11. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Kung business ang interest nya, De La Salle University is the way to go. Pati ang MBA program nila ok na ok din.

Ateneo will be your next choice.

UP is next.

Pero kung MBA program, the best ang AIM.

12. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

UP Business is a quota course, and not everyone can get in. For that matter, not everybody can get into UP whatever the course.

But it's a good undergrad experience to shoot for.

Second point - does your daughter LIKE business, numbers etc. Not all people do, of course. My daughter did very well in UP BSBA but the field bored her, so she switched to Communications/Journalism with some School of Music units, and she is now a singer-actress, a director, and the voice of a number of commercials.

Anyway, a student can experiment the first 2 years or so. Good luck to your daughter.

13. Allegra

Allegra

Very loyal kayo sa alma mater nyo a :)

I kinda figured it would be between ADMU,DLSU, and UP
    I'd prefer a catholic school :) sawa nako sa pagmumuka ng oblation sa diliman , manila and LB :)

Thanks for the inputs guys

14. Allegra

Allegra

Suppose I were to rob a bank , w/c school would you recommend?
    Besides AIM
    Teka baka sabihin mo Wharton , 10 bangko kelangan holdapin jan :)

15. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

it's going to be important also what her plans or interests are. kasi it's hard to impose sa isang course and d naman nya gusto. she'll just be bored and not really be there to learn but to just finish it without really taking it seriously.

just my 2 petots:supergrin:

16. revo

revo

London School of Economics.

15 bangko ang kelangang holdapin.

:supergrin:

17. zorkd

zorkd

if you really want to learn business, DLS-CSB is the place for college, tapos kung gusto talaga mag aral, AIM sunod after college for the masters.

sa CSB kasi halos lahat negosyante, may mga ibang students pumapasok nang maaga, nag dridrive nang truck, mag babagsak nang bigas sa hotel, uuwi, bihis nang coat and tie, naka civic naman papasok nang school.

tapos feel mo talaga na business and trading is in the air. lahat binebenta dito, as in lahat, handheld tactical nuclear weapons na nga lang ang wala akong mahanap eh.

baril, parts nang auto, computer parts, surplus na damit, publishing, services of all kinds, meron. . . for a price.

no not only will the student learn how to do business formally inside the classroom, pati yung street smarts part of business natututunan niya sa labas. shempre, black market ang labas kaya may possibility rin na makita niya ang deals na hindi extactly legal, pero, ganun talaga ang mundo.

18. ilocano

ilocano Down Under.

I guess taking up a general course like AB is the best way to go.. give it 2 to 3 sems or perhaps 4, and by that time I'm sure- one will have a clear picture as to what course he or she will take. Hirap kasi pag bata ka pa, u tend to be idealistic. By taking the AB route, you will have ur sweet time to think about it all and at the same time finish your general subjects as well.. no time wasted.

On the practical side, kung gusto mo medjo may edge sa job market in the future UP DLSU ATENEO parin. Kahit ano sabihin ng mga companya na kesyo equal opportunity employer sila, ikot parin ulo nyan sa mga applicante na galing sa top 3 schools.

But hey, Finance is not a bad idea.. I'm currently heading HR in 1 MNC co here in Dubai, seems we have a shortage of finance people, and engineers as well.

19. Allegra

Allegra

Didnt know that about Benilde, I thought puro Basketball players dun :)
    Galing na environment!

20. revo

revo

It's good there's a school like that.

Sa UP, lahat gusto pabagsakin ang gubyerno.

hehe