Cold Steel SRK vs Glock M81

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by betyourlife, Jun 19, 2005.

1. betyourlife

betyourlife on a GLOCK

Wich knife do you think is a better all around knife? I like the sheeth as well as the awesome saw back of the Glock knife. It seems really versatile. The price is another factor. I can get three Glock knives for the price of one SRK.

I also have the SRK and am wondering which is the better knife? The SRK is sharper than the Glock. The things I don't like about the SRK is the sheeth and the fact that it doesn't have a saw. Not to mention the handle is shaped like a rectangle.

How durable do you think the Glock M81 is? What about edge retention and rust compared to the CS SRK Carbon V Steel?

What do you guys think?

2. Jodevilgod1

Jodevilgod1

Im not sure you own either.......

SRK without a doubt. Mine came dull, easy fix. Its thick, well constructed and holds edge well.

Depending on how you use it, the sheath sucks.

Retangular handle? huh?

Three for the price of one? Glock knives are $15 a piece?

The CS has superior edge retention. Its edge rusts better than the Glock.

Saws are saws, I dont want one on my knife.

Of course, you already know all of that.

3. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

I don't have any experience with the Glock M81 but I have a Cold Steel SRK. Thumbs up on the SRK although mine (like jodevilgod1's knife) came from the factory a bit on the dull side (meaning not razor sharp).

I wouldn't characterize the SRK's handle as rectangular although it is a bit blocky to some. I have small hands (ring size 6.5) and it has not proven to be a problem.

4. betyourlife

betyourlife on a GLOCK

Interesting observations. Why do you not ant a saw on your knife, it could be usefull...

Where do you get Glock Knifes for $15 a pice brand new? I paid $30 for mine.