close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cold Steel Bowie Bushman (or, "Where did all that blood come from?")

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cooper, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Cooper

Cooper

Back in the day I bought a Cold Steel Bushman at a gun show. I was fairly impressed with it for all the usual reasons, but as soon as I could afford a "nice" knife I gave it to a friend.

For some reason, I got it into my head that I wanted another. I decided I'd get the bowie version, maybe strip the finish and give it a cool paracord wrap and it would be a fun little project as well as a backup knife.

Well, the knife arrived from Amazon ($25.24) tonight. I took it out of the box and was impressed with how lightweight it is for such a large knife. There was some sort of protective goo on the shiny edge of the blade and the etched logo, as well as inside the hollow handle.

After I tested the blade on my arm hair (a smooth and complete shave) and a page from a magazine (basically fell through it) I set about about wiping the goo off with a paper towel. As I was turning it over I felt a tiny tug on my little finger. There was no pain at all.

You know the rest of the story. Suddenly drops of blood were pitter-pattering onto the kitchen floor. Still no pain. It's just a nick, but it's a very clean, very profuse nick. Much like a shaving cut.

In any event, I now remember why I love this knife and also gave it away. It's a tremendously sharp pry bar that's hard to hold onto and weighs nothing. A great tool that is incredibly unforgiving. I'm very impressed and properly cautioned.

2. Pawcatch@aol.co

Pawcatch@aol.co

I wrapped the handle of mine with some od duct tape.
    Still a great knife for the money.

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I've owned four or five Cold Steel knives over the years and for the money they have been great.

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Nice knife!

In case you need one, here is a response I've used a few times when questioned about new bandages, shortly after a knife purchase:

"What happened to you?"

"I was cleaning my new knife, and it went off..."

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012