Glock Talk banner

Cold Bore Glock 20 Assist

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Glockz0r 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of my 20 on which Cold Bore performed some plastic surgery.

Here's what I had done to the pistol:

-removed the Khardashian butt
-undercut the trigger guard
-recess the mag release area
-stippled 360 degrees with tactical texture
-trigger guard "memory" cut

I have some skateboard tape on the forward frame flat now--I should have had him texture that area as well. Not shown is an Arredondo mag extension that he also textured.

I am very pleased with the work. The pistol is much more controllable with Lance Armstrong (read: enhanced) loads, and I don't miss Khardashians butt at all. The grip texture is very aggressive compared with the factory stuff Mr. Owen also textured a Glock 19 at the same time with the "carry" texture, so I can compare both types side-by-side. The stippling looks the same visually, but the tactical texture is definitely deeper and more grippy.

I am absolutely in love with the memory cut in the trigger guard. This feature really seems to make the pistol snuggle down into my grip (snuggle seems an odd word to use in relation to a pistol). I did not have this memory cut done to my 19 sent in at the same time, and I regret it now.

Thanks Lane!

Gun Brown Product Firearm Trigger

Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

Beige Leather Everyday carry Revolver Wallet

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Grip size, to me, is mainly about how a defensive/carry gun points. I can shoot large pistols well at the range with a shooting bench or table, but they don't draw and point quickly or naturally for me. I tend towards full size pistols and always felt the G34 or Gov't model 1911 point better for me than the G21 or G20. Yet these two are great working pistols I just couldn't find a reason to part with them.

Now with this grip reduction work I've seen from Cold Bore and others I'm getting excited to finally have a G20 that points well which could make it a real CCW candidate.

I'm curious to see how this texture works out for you, Sam. Just going by the photos I'm kinda partial to the "bark" texture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.