close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Coeur d'Alene Results

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Okay folks, lets hear how you did, how was the weather and Did you have fun? Lets hear you sound off.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Don,

Looks like another small turnout.

3. Don At PC

It sure does look like a light turnout or they are affraid to post scores and comments, sure would like to hear some good news from there.

4. Todd Hogue

Todd Hogue Millennium Member

We had 188 entries, our largest match yet. The weather was very hot in the high eighties. The match appeared to run smoothly and Scott said there was no major complaints for the shooters. I shot poorly and look forward to the next match.

5. Don At PC

Thanks Todd for the report. Now that only leaves 187 reports to go.;f ;f ;f ;f ;f Come on folks, don't be bashfull we really want to hear from you.

6. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

It was my first GSSF match and I felt like I shot OK. I have nothing to compare it with however. I look forward to seeing the results.
    It was a nice facility and the match seemed to be run well. I was there on Sunday and other than someone firing full auto on the range somewhere that were advised to try another day...it all seemed quite nice. Good weather. The club was quite a way from CDA which was a little decieving on the map but no problem.

7. Don At PC

hapuna;
    Great hearing from you. We are always interested in hearing from everyone and especially the first timers. GSSF really grows on you and is designed for all to have fun, compete and be in a safe enviroment. Preliminary scores should be posted on www.gssfonline.com quite possibly by next week and then the final scores a couple weeks later to allow time for any corrections.

8. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Don thanks. Yeah I should have spent a little more time figuring out what categories to shoot in! I shot only Competition but I think I should have been in Civ Amateur also at least. I be better prepared for Shelton

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

hapuna, you definitely want to shoot AmCiv., it's where the prizes are, even if you don't shoot the best at the match!

10. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I was there both days. I shot major sub on Saturday and Am. Civ and sub compact on Sunday. It sure didn't seem like there were 188 shooters there. I got there at 8:30am on Sunday, started shooting at 8:45am and was done with 2 catagories by 10:30am and this was taking a break to go get my other gun to shoot the second catagory. I felt like I was the only shooter on the range. Saturday was just about as fast.
    I had a great time and improved my score considerably over Roseburg in some areas. The people that ran the match were great and I can't wait till next year. It was worth the 7 hour drive to the match. I also got to meet Dale Rhea and watch him shoot. Watching him on the plates shows what master shooting is all about and gives me some lofty goals. I figure someday I will catch him, I just have to wait till he is in a wheelchair and totally incapacitated and then hopefully my youth will prevail.
    All in all GSSF is a lot of fun and I can't wait for the matches to come up. Bruce Clemans

11. Todd Hogue

Todd Hogue Millennium Member

Bruce,

You are correct. There was not 188 shooters. We had 188 entries. Many shooters like yourself shoot in more than one catergory. We had several shooters that shot in 4 catergories. I would guess that there was around 100 shooters total. I am glad you enjoyed the match and I too look forward to next year.

12. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

With only 188 entries, I hope to see the preliminary results posted by Friday evening this week.;)

13. TOMÄHÄWK

TOMÄHÄWK Caspian Driver

Holy crap!~
    45min away...I forgot all about it!! :(

14. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

See, that's what you get for staying away from the GSSF forum! ;f

15. Guest

This was my third year at this match. It just keeps getting better and better.

It is a bit of a drive from Salem OR. Tons of fun and I will be back next year.

The range staff was helpfull, and safety minded. They do a fantastic job. The Glock Armorer was top notch. Of course Scott did his usual SUPER job. He is a true PRO. Kudos to all on a job well done.

I shot better than I did at Springfield OR., I just checked the scores, and NOT BAD!!!

I am proud of my team we did a fine job. Well done guys.

I need to hit the plate rack before Shelton WA. That and the 25 yrd shots with the G-26 need some work.

I borrowed a G-17 for the Am-Civ and I will try to get the one I ordered(LONG story)by then. I would like to use my own G-17 for the Shelton WA. match.

Well I hope to see you all at Shelton WA.

Good Luck to all.

16. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

Congrats to James Austin. Winning two pistols? Not bad, for a revolver shooter.

...I new I had made a mistake by mentioning this GSSF stuff to him.

Jay