Cody caught his first frisbee today.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Sechott, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Sechott

Sechott

I wish I had a video of it, but today he finally did it at 7 months and a week old. Just a month ago he was scared to get close to a flying frisbee. Today he just snatched one out of the air. I wasn’t able to get him to repeat, because the wind was making it tricky.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!?!?!

Ramjet38 and rock_castle like this.

3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Cody's a good boy!!!!!

lazarus66, Dynactus and Ramjet38 like this.
  4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Give him a cookie.

5. geodan

geodan

With all the negative crap going on right now I love a feel good story like this. Go Cody!

GlockFan7, lazarus66 and Dynactus like this.
  6. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

So cool. Was it a Frisbee Frisbee or some other disk? I bought one for my Lab. He only caught it a few times, then chewed it up. I'd love to find another that would last a bit longer.

7. Sechott

Sechott

Nerf makes a dog frisbee which is heavy and rugged. I might get him one of those when he’s older and less prone to chew on everything. I just got a pack of plastic frisbees from Amazon. He’s chewed a couple of them up already.

8. The Father

The Father

No pictures or it didn’t happen.
    We don’t know if you even have a dog, let alone a frisbee

9. Sechott

Sechott

none of his catching a frisbee. This is the first day we got him in May. 2nd is about 5 months and the most recent he developing a Mohawk. The Vet loves him. C7EC7864-8AC8-476B-8223-CD85802A47AA.jpeg E1DF6E80-D8AC-4EF6-84E8-6EF05C256EFA.jpeg 938711CC-8AB8-4343-B99E-F3F6225A6D50.jpeg

10. Sechott

Sechott

Just a tip that might help. Get a few frisbees so you don’t have to give chase. Like guns one is none.

GlockFan7 likes this.
  11. akpls

akpls

A couple of frisbees that work well for us.... the blue ones in the photo are a brand called Chuckit Paraflight. They're nylon, fairly light and have a soft, but dense foam rim. They're good when it's windy....do all kind of weird things. The pink one is by Hyperpet. It's heavy duty nylon with a stiff plastic tube sewn inside for a rim. They fly very straight for a long way. My Miniature American Shepherd is a frisbee playing fool....does things in the air that make my body hurt. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    GlockFan7, ZekerMan, Sechott and 2 others like this.
  12. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

good dogs rule. the other morning I woke up groggy after a night shift and checked on the pups and could tell my little one was concealing something. she has tells when I know she is guarding something. summer time it's cicadas she catches. I put my contacts in and went and checked, sure enough a squirrel as I predicted. IDK about yall but a dog that can catch a freaking squirrel on the ground is impressive to me. she is very capable at the task.

fall is my favorite time for the dogs. leave em out all day due to cooler temps. and they will sit and not devote a brain cell away from the walnut trees. sitting and waiting on a squirrel. love watching them do their thing.