GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wish I had a video of it, but today he finally did it at 7 months and a week old. Just a month ago he was scared to get close to a flying frisbee. Today he just snatched one out of the air. I wasn’t able to get him to repeat, because the wind was making it tricky.

·
Mentally Frozen
24,756 Posts
Give him a cookie.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
So cool. Was it a Frisbee Frisbee or some other disk? I bought one for my Lab. He only caught it a few times, then chewed it up. I'd love to find another that would last a bit longer.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So cool. Was it a Frisbee Frisbee or some other disk? I bought one for my Lab. He only caught it a few times, then chewed it up. I'd love to find another that would last a bit longer.
Nerf makes a dog frisbee which is heavy and rugged. I might get him one of those when he’s older and less prone to chew on everything. I just got a pack of plastic frisbees from Amazon. He’s chewed a couple of them up already.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
No pictures or it didn’t happen.
We don’t know if you even have a dog, let alone a frisbee

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a tip that might help. Get a few frisbees so you don’t have to give chase. Like guns one is none.

·
Registered
496 Posts
A couple of frisbees that work well for us.... the blue ones in the photo are a brand called Chuckit Paraflight. They're nylon, fairly light and have a soft, but dense foam rim. They're good when it's windy....do all kind of weird things. The pink one is by Hyperpet. It's heavy duty nylon with a stiff plastic tube sewn inside for a rim. They fly very straight for a long way. My Miniature American Shepherd is a frisbee playing fool....does things in the air that make my body hurt.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
good dogs rule. the other morning I woke up groggy after a night shift and checked on the pups and could tell my little one was concealing something. she has tells when I know she is guarding something. summer time it's cicadas she catches. I put my contacts in and went and checked, sure enough a squirrel as I predicted. IDK about yall but a dog that can catch a freaking squirrel on the ground is impressive to me. she is very capable at the task.

fall is my favorite time for the dogs. leave em out all day due to cooler temps. and they will sit and not devote a brain cell away from the walnut trees. sitting and waiting on a squirrel. love watching them do their thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts