Cobra Kai

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by catman71, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

We might find out in season 3.

2. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

No worries! Among other things, I have no problem debating divergent movie plot themes, no matter how stupid, misguided or wrong they may be. After all, this is an internet discussion forum. ;)

Huh. Ok, then. I haven't seen these podcasts or debates, but I've seen both seasons and have heard Johnny's "side" of things; and while humorous, I didn't think anyone but him would actually believe it. I'll amend my previous statement to "this is the internet, after all." :)

I'm just curious as to how the show will end. My half-ass theory:

****SPOILER ALERT, SORT OF****

Now that Johnny's been kicked out of his own dojo, I think he'll go to LaRusso, hat in hand, and propose a truce. Not just a truce, but maybe a potential merger to make a combined dojo. Reasons:

1) What else does he have to go back to? I really doubt he'll take up that handyman job again (which he sucked at in the first place).

2) He'd put too much into Cobra Kai to start anew with yet another dojo.

3) One of the things I like best about this show is how it shows him gradually changing. He started out as the same abrasive ***hole he's always been, but over time, working and bonding with the students + some serious introspection of his own mistakes has really brought about a gradual yet incremental change for the better. Which leads to

4) He and LaRusso both have a common enemy throughout this entire 30+ year long franchise: John Kreese. He's been the root of all the problems between the two (except for the second movie), they'll hopefully come to peace about this over green tea and Coors Banquets, and collaborate to squash Kreese once and for all with a combined dojo. Maybe they'll split it: Johnny could be in charge of the technical side- the pure fighting- and Danny could handle the meditative "life lessons" side.

My .02c theory. Guess we'll see! :popcorn:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020

3. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

It’s gonna be more drama in season 3. In a trailer blurb, Apparently Chozen (at least the voice sounded like Chozen) telling Daniel that Mr. Miyagi didn’t tell him everything. Everything about what, I have no idea.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

upload_2020-9-23_9-24-59.png

Bullman and Colt38SuperDude like this.
  5. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The writing is fantastic for what it is. A show that has fighting where the police aren’t called if a character gets into a fight.
    Johnny presents a compelling argument of how Daniel was the villain in the original movie: This guy comes, steals his girl, then wins the tournament with an illegal kick.

Now Johnny comes back and opens a karate studio and deals with the snowflake generation as his feud with Daniel LaRusso continues. Team Johnny here.

Bullman likes this.
  6. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

The wife and I loved it. Can't wait for Season 3 to drop so we can binge for a couple of days.

7. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

Miguel’s mom, though. Damn, she’s hotter than a tamales.