CNN Gun Trail

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jack_Pine, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Just saw CNN is doing a thing starting Monday on the "Gun Trail". In theory, as I understand it, this is a string of shows is to track how bad guys get guns.

Me thinks there might be an agenda here, just thinking..... How about the you guys???

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

They have to go to seminary first before they get theirs.

3. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Good point, been there.....or not....

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

:supergrin:

I tend to look for people selling theirs in a face to face trade before I look anywhere else.

5. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Don't get it, just me i guess. Thought it was an interesting story, or not....

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Ahh, I took your question as how do we get our firearms so I was answering that.

I figured the media outlets having an agenda was already a given and not subject to interpretation

7. sigman69

sigman69

CNN=Communist News Network, agenda...nah, they wouldnt do something like that.:wow:

8. kobel1up

kobel1up

I will expect the same turn out as the reporting on 60min and 20/20 last year. They just want guns banned so that the government can do what they want with us.

"When the Government fears the people you have freedom, when the people fear the government you have tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

9. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Sorry if i ms-phrased. Don't do a lot of new posts. Agree with the outlet thing and true ,,,given. Just pointing out the story.

10. Wyoming

Wyoming

"I figured the media outlets having an agenda was already a given and not subject to interpretation"

Don't worry, they will have survey to prove their point, some expert to tell us peons we don't really needs guns anymore and the world will be a better place.

The part they will leave out is that if they were to have a gun proibition law, it will only work on the honor system. Law abiding would follow the law and criminals will not.

11. Retseh

Retseh

Methinks that CNN regards anyone purchasing a firearm as a bad guy.

12. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Exactly what I was thinking. Should be entertaining, sort of .....

13. MarccraM

MarccraM

I must admit.. I'm always a bit surprised from posts that deal with this subject.

I'm a super proponent of the 2nd Amendment (imo) however I believe it should be excercised by law abiding people.

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to stop criminals from getting guns..

We sometimes blindly discount anything and everything as an atttack on our rights, yet there is some merit for some of it.

I live in Florida and I think its an atrocity that I can sell a firearm privately without a required background check.. That ***** is just plain stupid imo.

14. reinerbs

reinerbs

agreed, i was following the comments on cnn's online report of the Alabama shooting yesterday and of course it eventually got to gun reform. too far on one side, and too far on the other. i believe in guns for everyone who can handle it. living in one of the crappiest states for guns i get frustrated by how hard it is to get one. but it should be a little easier than it is here in california, but it should be harder probably in some states.
    from what i read on this forum, anyone here would pass a background test, and even if we had to take a written test before we could even recieve a firearm like we do for vehicles i wouldn't mind because i know i'd pass with flying colors. just a thought though.
    in regards to cnn's report, sounds like an agenda imo and it wouldn't surprise me that they'd do something to that regard. i really wish there was a mediary news source that didn't lean one way or the other, but that would be too much to ask me thinks.

15. j-glock22

j-glock22

how many people watch CNN? about 23? I'm sure it will be a comedy spot like ABC's recent "If I Had a Gun" what a joke.

16. Cody Jarrett

Cody Jarrett

Just like the false reports that almost all Mexican crimes were committed with American bought guns. It was bullcrap. Turns out the percentage was pretty low.

My LEO friends tell me they can buy an illegal handgun on the street for $200-$300, yet that gun retails for $600. So where are they coming from? Are most stolen from homes? It doesn't seem there's any merit to the media claims of unscrupulous dealers dumping them on the street. There's no profit in it.

17. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I understand the point you make, and your line of thinking. But I can't agree.

There are laws (soooooo many laws) dealing with "criminals and/with guns". They speak on what to do with folks who break the laws, how to prevent them from acquiring the guns, and how to punish them if they do. They are passed to speak to "criminals", not those who aren't.

There are always people who are "appalled" about something to do with guns. Some because they just don't like them, some who are scared of them, and some who like them but believe they have "the answer" to "sensible" gun ownership. Yet the 2nd Amendment that they say they agree with says "shall not be infringed". That means even with their "sensible" ideas. And they just plain old don't like that. To their way of thinking, there just has to be "something" that will replace personal responsibility and common sense. There just has to be a way to make the people who own guns, if they want to allow that (which they did)..................well, to make them more responsible I suppose. So they pass laws. And when those don't work, they just pass more. And when those laws don't work either, they decide to just ban guns.

Our society has plenty enough laws to deal with irresponsible gun owners. You punish them, instead of "rehabilitate" them. You actually apply the law instead of bend it till it screams. That's how you deal with the folks who brake the laws we have. No one, even God .............. can/will prevent men from doing bad things, including with guns. That's why man has laws.

You punish those who break the law, and leave the rest of us alone. Some just want to punish us all. Just for the sake of those poor helpless souls who can't stop themselves. And some just want more "reasonable" restrictions, to help us along the right path. Man will always find a way to do as he wants. If he does something society has deemed "bad", punish him. But if he hasn't, leave him the hell alone.

18. WarCry

WarCry

Here's a wild, wacky, WAAAAY out there idea.....

Perhaps try WATCHING the show and see how it's delivered, rather than assuming you know how it's going to play, ranting about how awful it was, and never seeing one second of it?

Just a thought....

19. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Never ranted. I agree, lets see how it plays out. Just pointing out that it is coming up...

20. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Are you nucking futs?! :wow: