CNN fact checks claim that Biden wants to confiscate your guns

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by B C, Sep 11, 2020.

1. B C

B C

2. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

I can't tell if you agreeing with this or not.

I found this on the link you posted
    " Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act."

Not saying I agree with it, but it is definitely in line with your post.

3. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

The propaganda machine is in full force. Sad.

4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

“So to gun owners out there who say well, a Biden administration means they’re going to come for my guns,” CNN’s Anderson Cooper said in an interview with Biden.

“Bingo,” the Democrat interjected, “you’re right if you have an assault weapon.”

“The fact of the matter is they should be illegal, period,” continued Biden,

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

More truth over facts?

Sherlock913, Ramjet38, pgg00 and 4 others like this.
  6. porschedog

porschedog

Sleepy Joe is too dumb to be a moron.
    And how do you “buy back” something you didn’t sell?

tuica, Bus007, Sherlock913 and 17 others like this.
  7. Scott1970

Scott1970

But Orange Man Bad with his mean tweets!!!

Seriously, Biden’s planned destruction of the Second Amendment is terrifying.

hannstv, n2g, El Pistolero and 15 others like this.
  8. Schrag4

Schrag4

And why, pray tell, would they need to be registered?

n2g, PhotoFeller, Agonizer and 14 others like this.
  9. BlueBacker

BlueBacker Previously BengalBacker

registration=confiscation

hannstv, n2g, cbetts1 and 26 others like this.
  10. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

You can't 'buy back' an item you never sold to the current owner, much less the fact you were never in the ownership or possessory chain when it left the manufacturer.

So-called 'Buy-Back' schemes are nothing more than gun-confiscation masquerading as a mandatory bribe at a pre-determined, below-market price set by the briber (i.e., the government).

Mandatory bribe ... Okay, so will Biden's already announced Gun-Control Czar, Beto O'Rourke, be showing up on my door step with cash in hand and a security team of JBTs in case I choose to refuse his most generous offer? :whistling:

Per the Dems's most expansive definition of what constitutes an 'assault weapon,' EVERY semi-auto firearm, whether mag-fed or not, will become a Class 3 weapon. Rifle, pistol, shotgun - doesn't matter.

That means not only will the weapon have to be officially identified and registered with BATFE, but it will also cost the current owner $200 a pop (i.e., per weapon) to get the required tax stamp, which is the owner's proof of lawful possession under the NFA, such as is currently the case with suppressors.

Biden would of course need the Dems to have control of both the House and the Senate for this left-wing lunacy to have any remote hope of passage into law.

Then, of course, even if this scheme is actually passed and Biden signs it, there will absolutely be the decades-long process of lawsuits, litigation, and appeals, some of these cases in front of the 200+ federal judges that will have appointed by Trump before the end of 2020.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    tuica, Sherlock913, Ramjet38 and 5 others like this.
  11. Intolerant

Intolerant

Sorry, i can`t register what i dont own or have. So good luck with the democrat communistic BS.

12. PSUEng

PSUEng

Of course, essentially full regulation. Shocked? My trump hat arrived today...can't wait to wear it.

13. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

Don't ask me. I was just commenting that the link and the pic *did* fact check. So i still don't see any conflict.

14. amd65

amd65

Great. After I NFA register my frankenAR made from cheap parts, and they cut off new ones like they did MG’s, it will be worth a fortune!

15. Intolerant

Intolerant

Registration is only used to do one thing. By registering, it proves you have/own it. So after you`ve registered your weapon(s) if you say you dont have it, after you`ve registered, they show up at your door to take it, and you dont produce the REGISTERED weapon(s), they will have already had a search warrant because you already signed the warrant yourself by registering your weapon. Registering is a catch 22. DONT REGISTER ANYTHING!!! Its none of the gooberments business what you own. Most of all, dont answer the damn door!

In most places, people can get away with saying they sold it because most places dont follow the firearm after the 4473 is filled out by the original owner. No longer in NYS can you move a firearm without going through a FFL gun dealer. If caught, its big big trouble. There is a small part of the NYS law where you can give a firearm to your spouse, mom, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter.

10or45, Caver 60, Bus007 and 3 others like this.
  16. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

I do not like Biden's gun plans but I also don't like scare tactics to garner votes either. If what you say is true, please provide proof.

Where is your source for the $200 per weapon?

Where is the rule about "EVERY semi-auto firearm, whether mag-fed or not, will become a Class 3 weapon."?

17. mj9mm

mj9mm

CNN fact check = BS.
    Biden’s Truths = any BS he can spit out = any 3 words he say without, an an an, tying them together.
    Truth is, you can’t Fact Check a Democrat. Same as a double negative...

18. jmohme

jmohme

How about somebody fact check CNN.

CNN Fact check.jpg

19. Intolerant

Intolerant

Why isnt BLM/AUNT TEEFAH burning CNN to the ground...
    oh wait, it might be where they are picking up their communist riot paychecks.

Bus007, Bish1309, Ramjet38 and 2 others like this.
  20. agtman

agtman 10mm Philosopher

:upeyes:

Dude, focus. Do some research and think before you post.

Every Class 3 'weapon' (e.g., suppressors, SBRs, SBSs) requires among other things that you pay BATFE $200 for a tax stamp - literally, it's your permission slip to own & possess said weapon once you've also passed the federal background check.

Biden's plan, as stated above, would legislatively place semi-automatic firearms into the Class 3 category, mislabeling them as 'assault weapons,' a military term which has traditionally meant only fully-automatic weapons.
    Well, if you'd actually read Feinstein's proposed AWB legislation which she slammed on Harry Reid's desk after Sandy Hook, you'd know. :whistling:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020