Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
16,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not endorsing or promoting this documentary, just letting you know about it.

Think I will watch and then make up my mind as to whether they took a fair look at the subject,somehow NBC doesn't instill much in the way of fairness or objectivity. SJ 40

CNBC will air a documentary called “America’s Gun: The Rise of AR-15” on Thursday, April 25th at 10pm ET/PT, which I feel may be of great relevance to you and your association.
With approximately 4 million in circulation, the AR-15 is one of the most popular and misunderstood rifles in America. The documentary offers a window into the larger debate and the incendiary issues that surround it. Appealing to gun lovers and gun haters, it centers on the friction between those who abhor a rifle they believe belongs only on a battlefield, and those Americans who insist owning one is their inalienable right. Below are a few clips that showcase the life around the AR-15:
America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15 Preview
How does the AR-15 work?
Why is the AR-15 popular among women?
3D Printed Gun Parts
Tune-in Details: “America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15” on CNBC Thursday, April 25th 10pm ET/PT.
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues, association, blogs and social networks . Also, join the conversation on Twitter with #RiseOfAR15 and @CNBCPrimeTV.
Feel free to contact me for more information about this AR-15 special or visit http://americasgun.cnbc.com.
Thank you and let us know your thoughts on the documentary.

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
Didn't NBC use explosives to dramatize gas tanks on Chevy side saddle gas tanks blowing up in crashes ?
Yes, and they edited the 911 tape to make Zimmerman sound racist when he was merely responding to a question from the 911 operator.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Millenium #3936
6,653 Posts
I can only imagine how slanted, stereotypical and political this segment will be.

·
Millenium #3936
6,653 Posts
Ok, did they have to go and find a person in bib overalls to explain how the ar-15 works. I know its a prop/trainer but why is the reporter standing in front of the rifle (holding the tip of the barrel) while the guy is pulling the trigger???

·
NRA & SAF mbr
5,386 Posts
I understand the well-deserved skepticism of the media and the expectations that this report will be one-sided. I imagine it will LEAN that way, of course. But, I can tell you that it WILL present "our side." Please watch or set your DVRs. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself and then hearing the reactions here.

·
Instructor #298
3,644 Posts
Its not a gun, its a weapon....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bull****! It is a rifle. The vast majority of Americans who own them use them as sporting equipment. Although the USMC makes the most effective use of them as a weapon, even they teach Marines to call them rifles. Why play into the media and liberal agenda to demonize them by calling them weapons? Baseball bats are used as weapons, too. We do not call them weapons, we call them bats. Refer to them as rifles and refuse to play the game where liberals define the terms.

·
Gunfighter
540 Posts
Bull****! It is a rifle. The vast majority of Americans who own them use them as sporting equipment. Although the USMC makes the most effective use of them as a weapon, even they teach Marines to call them rifles. Why play into the media and liberal agenda to demonize them by calling them weapons? Baseball bats are used as weapons, too. We do not call them weapons, we call them bats. Refer to them as rifles and refuse to play the game where liberals define the terms.
Exactly. Part of going on the offensive in this political battle against anti-2A people is holding them accountable for their incorrect terminology. The government would have America believe that AR's are "weapons of war" and "assault weapons". Every time someone gets on TV and uses one of these terms, it becomes more and more etched into society as a whole. They use this tactic to make the rifles sound scary and make the public believe that you and I are running around the streets with the same rifles our soldiers are using in A'stan in war footage.

We are partly to blame here. Until we start using the right terminology and righting the wrongs, the anti-2A's will continue scaring people with these terms.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wasn't trained to call it a gun or rifle, it was pounded in our heads that it was our weapon. If you look up the definition of weapon it suits the ar platform nicely. Your just trying to call it something its not to make it seem less "dangerous" to idiots who have no idea. I guess if the Corps is liberal then yeah I'm playing their game. I frankly don't give a damn what any liberal thinks of what I call my "gun".

·
Gunfighter
540 Posts
I wasn't trained to call it a gun or rifle, it was pounded in our heads that it was our weapon. If you look up the definition of weapon it suits the ar platform nicely. Your just trying to call it something its not to make it seem less "dangerous" to idiots who have no idea. I guess if the Corps is liberal then yeah I'm playing their game. I frankly don't give a damn what any liberal thinks of what I call my "gun".

I wasn't aware the USMC was issuing AR-15's these days. I thought the select fire M4 was the standard issue rifle.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.