Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Single stack 9? My dream is the service-size single stack 45. Eight or nine rounds with the thinner grip frame and slide......wonderful, I would think! Then a G19 sized 7 rd for off duty...PERFECT!

You guys who are big enough to cram a Shield into your pocket should have not problem concealing a 19/23 IWB. Can someone help me understand this?
I don't have a shield but the shield is considerably smaller and lighter than a 19/23. .75" slide length, .4" height, .18" width and 4.8 ounces lighter (19 to 9mm Shield) is a huge overal difference.

If you want a single stack Glock consider the Walther PPS. Very nice carry pistol. Thin, not heavy and a very glock-like trigger. I bought one recently, put several hundred rounds through it and I'm quite happy. Food for thought.
That's what I use. With a Crossbreed holster, I often forget it's there.

we can all dream..

Go get a single stack 45. Glock 36
I agree wholeheartedly on both accounts. Dreaming and the G36. While the former is prizless, the latter goes for $550. Both are affordable.

The problem with the Shield is that it's a Smith & Wesson. Smith and Wesson changes models and generations of semi-auto pistols like most of you change your socks. Sadly, in a couple years the Shield will be replaced by a newer, better model that surprisingly will require different mags, holsters, accessories. You get the picture.

The problem with the Shield is that it's a Smith & Wesson. Smith and Wesson changes models and generations of semi-auto pistols like most of you change your socks. Sadly, in a couple years the Shield will be replaced by a newer, better model that surprisingly will require different mags, holsters, accessories. You get the picture.
True with most US made cars and trucks.
Still does not stop anyone buying them!

A great singe stack 9 is the Kahr CM9 got mine OTD for $420. It has been 100% reliable love the size and weight it is perfect for pocket carry in a Sticky Holster. I also love my Gen 4 G19 FDE too but too big for me to carry.

I see no need for single stack 9. The 26 is plenty small enough, holds 10 rounds, plus I can use 15 & 17 mags. What more do you need? A 26 is easy for most people to conceal and other single stacks 9s aren't that much smaller. At least not enough for me to give up rounds.

Why would Glock want to make a single stack 9 when the market is already flooded with them and no interest from military or police? The single stack 45 isn't flying off the shelves in my area.

I picked up a Beretta Nano. $379 before taxes. 2 mags, etc. 150 flawless rounds so far and that includes Blazer Aluminum 115 gr FMJ. 8 round mags are 'sometimes' available from Beretta. Holsters are available. Night sights can be bought too and are easily installed by the user. It's built like a tank. Also has OD, FDE replacement frames available and can be switched by the user. More rounds and it will be in the carry rotation. I CAN pocket carry it AND draw from large pocket pants. In an IWB, it seems to disappear. I liked the Shield, but it has a safety...I KNOW you don't have to use it, etc., etc.

If I need something smaller than my 26, I just drop a revolver in my pocket. Don't have to fire 200 rounds before I can trust it and know it will go bang no matter how I'm holding it.

I've had my Shield in 9mm for several months, now. It is hard to get, even though S&W had a large number completed before the release. This is a great little off-duty or back-up gun. I carry it in both capacities. In the summer, it conceals very well IWB and in baggy shorts pockets. You can't do that easily with a G26.

I agree with what others have said about Gaston missing the boat on the single stack concealable pistols. S*W may have gotten in late, but the demand for their Shied is quite high. I have a number of Officers who can not find the, even on LE deals.

Further, I've been a Glock guy since the early 90's, having carried 1911's, S&W Gen 3 .45's and .357 revolvers from the time I entered LE in 1977. However, based on the ergonomics, I have replaced all caliber of Glocks, except 9mm, with S&W M&P's. Those pistols are in .40 and .45, except the Shield. I'll never get rid of my G19's.

Ohh you mean like this magazine?
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...58019_757846_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

The one that fits the Model 59 introduced in 1970 and fits the 5906TSW still in production in 2002?

I agree that S&W has introduced different models over the years but they seem to try to keep magazines interchangeable when they can.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.