Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to spend some real time with my new Stainless 22lr conversion today.

Tried it in a Rock River w/ a 16" 1:9 barrel.

Took Federal bulk 36gr and Aquila SSS 60gr.

As I had read, Federal was very reliable. Shot over 300rds w/o a hiccup. Federal accuracy was worse than I had hoped. 2-3" at 25yards.

Aquila was under 1" at 25yards, but it would not feed. Could not get through five shots w/o a jam (sometimes could not get through 2) Gave up and ran Aquila as a single shot. That was entertaining.

Turned out there was still some bulk Remington in the box from a range trip w/ a ruger 22/45.

This is cheapo stuff like the Federal. It ran 100% through a 100rds or so and was shooting just a little over 1" at 25 yards.

I had read almost nothing about Remington and these conversion kits, but I was impressed. Pretty bummed about the Aquila as I bought 2 bricks just for this kit.

Have two tests next week, but weekend after next I'll try it in a 20" A2 and see how that goes.

·
5,273 Posts
The key with 22 conversions is to just buy 1 box of several ammo and to weed out the stuff that doesn't work. Then find the most accurate or the cheapest from the stuff that does work.

I seen most that love the cheap Federal and hate the cheap Rem. But my buddy has one that is the other way around.:dunno:

If you are getting real one inch groups out of the Remington then you have a winner considering the barrel you have.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I plan on trying some more types. Have a couple more here that I did not take.

The biggest suprise to me was the lack of function in the Aguila. Read nothing bad about that load and have had great luck with other Aquila offerings.

ETA: It was a little over 1". I was using one of those targets with the 1" squares. Two holes in a square and three just outside. So, over an inch, but not by much. Only tried a couple groups off the rest as it was kind of awkward where I was shooting. Hopefully try again in a couple weeks.

·
5,273 Posts
I tried some Aguila something-or-rather ammo and it didn't have enough horsepower to cycle the gun. Tried the cheapo Centurion and had the same issues. This could be solved by respringing the gun but it was not worth the effort.

·
Registered
637 Posts
i just took my cmmg stainless kit out to test my black dog drum. i used federal bulk pack and it fired through all 50 rounds without a problem. don't know how accurate it was but easily rapid fired all 50 rounds. btw the drums are AWESOME!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts