close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

closed thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by gordo, Apr 16, 2007.

1. gordo

gordo

Just wondering why thread about the VA bkgrnd check was closed.

2. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Given that at last count there have been many hundreds of posts about this topic, I don't know which one you are specifically referring to. I can tell you that some were closed because of GT rule violations, and others were closed because they duplicated or triplicated already running posts about the exact same issue. Some others were moved to the proper forum.

3. gordo

gordo

The one I was talking about was mine. As a bit of background I posted this observation a few minutes after the company I work for, ABC Television News, broadcast misinformation about VA background checks in relation to the breaking news about a mass shooting on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic involving the deaths of thirty two students. I was shocked at the amount of false information coming from the press about such nonsense as "22mm" pistols and the problems caused by Virginians being able to buy "automatic" weapons anywhere without a background check. I was commenting about the lack of journalistic honesty/accuracy in a field I have been working in since 1957 and in a company that I have been working for since 1977 and a show I have been editing, Nightline, for twenty seven years. I made one post, got one reply and was closed right after that. I guess I did something that you didn"t like and I want to know what that was so I know the rules. The topic was current and the thread was only up for moments and I still want to know what happened, what rules did I violate, how were there triplicated threads about misinformation about breaking news, where was it moved to and why did it flash CLOSED as I was reading my first reply instead of MOVED. I am not trying to give you a hard time I just want to understand...HONESTLY. You can't begin to know how much respect I have for Glock Talk and I certainly don't want to be on your S--T list.